Accidentally created a Dental Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Okay so this is going to sound weird but last year I had created an account for ADEA application just to see what the application is like. Looking back, I probably shouldn't have done this because now when I go there it says sign up for reapplication etc. as if I am a reapplicant. In reality, I'm just going to be a sophomore in Undergrad next year, so I'm still 2 years away from actually applying to dental school. Did I totally mess everything up? Will Dental Schools that I apply to in 2 years think I'm a reapplicant? I'm freaking out right now, all I wanted to do was see a sample of the application.

And just out of curiosity, is there any place where I can see a "mock" ADEA application because I just want to see what kind of stuff is on the actual application.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay so this is going to sound weird but last year I had created an account for ADEA application just to see what the application is like. Looking back, I probably shouldn't have done this because now when I go there it says sign up for reapplication etc. as if I am a reapplicant. In reality, I'm just going to be a sophomore in Undergrad next year, so I'm still 2 years away from actually applying to dental school. Did I totally mess everything up? Will Dental Schools that I apply to in 2 years think I'm a reapplicant? I'm freaking out right now, all I wanted to do was see a sample of the application.

And just out of curiosity, is there any place where I can see a "mock" ADEA application because I just want to see what kind of stuff is on the actual application.
You are fine. You are only an applicant if you apply. If you didn't submit anything to schools then you never applied.

So schools will not actually see me as a reapplicant right? They will see someone applying for their first time?

Just to make this clear, is it ok if I fill out the part of my application that I can fill out right now and just leave it? I won't actually apply anywhere, just get some stuff out of the way so I don't have to do it later.

Members don't see this ad :)
So schools will not actually see me as a reapplicant right? They will see someone applying for their first time?

Just to make this clear, is it ok if I fill out the part of my application that I can fill out right now and just leave it? I won't actually apply anywhere, just get some stuff out of the way so I don't have to do it later.
You could but there is no guarantee that your stuff will roll over in two years. I would maybe create a word document with your responses. Also, realize that a lot of what you want to fill out may change in the coming years. Your shadowing hours will increase, your experiences will change and I expect that your personal statement will change. So I am not sure if filling stuff out now is your best bet because it is kind of a pain to change your responses after they are already in.

But as long as you do not submit the application you never applied and thus will be viewed as a first-time applicant.

Reactions: 1 user
You could but there is no guarantee that your stuff will roll over in two years. I would maybe create a word document with your responses. Also, realize that a lot of what you want to fill out may change in the coming years. Your shadowing hours will increase, your experiences will change and I expect that your personal statement will change. So I am not sure if filling stuff out now is your best bet because it is kind of a pain to change your responses after they are already in.

But as long as you do not submit the application you never applied and thus will be viewed as a first-time applicant.
Oh yeah I just meant like the personal information etc. And maybe filling in the classes I have taken and the grades received in them. All the other stuff I'll definitely have to wait. I'm actually relieved now, I thought I had messed up by signing up for the application.

Oh yeah I just meant like the personal information etc. And maybe filling in the classes I have taken and the grades received in them. All the other stuff I'll definitely have to wait. I'm actually relieved now, I thought I had messed up by signing up for the application.
Yeah and hopefully someone else can post their experiences. I am not sure if the information is saved if you don't submit. I don't know the answer to that one.

Yeah and hopefully someone else can post their experiences. I am not sure if the information is saved if you don't submit. I don't know the answer to that one.
Apparently in the following years you can just bring up your previous "application" as it asked if I wanted to bring up my previous "application" from last year. I honestly didn't have anything filled out anyways. It's weird though because it asks you to first select the schools you want to apply to before being able to actually access your application.

It transfers. I created an app last cycle and filled everything out except program materials, but I never submitted it. Everything I filled out transferred over without a hitch!

Reactions: 1 users
It transfers. I created an app last cycle and filled everything out except program materials, but I never submitted it. Everything I filled out transferred over without a hitch!
Since it asks you to select the schools first, what did you do about it? Could you add more schools later, and remove some from the list? I ask because the same schools might not be the ones you want to apply to a year later when you are actually submitting your application.

Since it asks you to select the schools first, what did you do about it? Could you add more schools later, and remove some from the list? I ask because the same schools might not be the ones you want to apply to a year later when you are actually submitting your application.
Yeah, you can remove or add schools later. I originally picked 7 last cycle but removed a couple and added more this cycle

Reactions: 1 user