Oct 3, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
So, I've been receiving emails from medical schools recruiting me based on my minority status.....

The issue is that I am not a minority or disadvantaged in any way! I definitely did not indicate that on AMCAS, or any of my secondaries, or the MCAT. I'm white as a snowflake and while I reside in a *technically*medically underserved community, I have been marking that I never felt personally medically underserved.

I really don't want medical schools to get the impression that I've lied at any point, and I don't want to be on the registry unfairly. Is this something I contact AMCAS about? Individual schools?

OP
littledreamer
Oct 3, 2015
Status
That's comforting!

I also got a letter from Harvard......where I didn't even apply.

RogueBanana

ヽ(´ー`)ノ
2+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2016
Status
Medical Student
^ I got a letter from Harvard as well. In addition to the Email from GW today. I'm white as heck and definitely didn't indicate I was disadvantaged. I think there was some kind of mistake because I also didn't apply to Harvard.

Reactions: littledreamer
OP
littledreamer
Oct 3, 2015
Status
^ I got a letter from Harvard as well. In addition to the Email from GW today. I'm white as heck and definitely didn't indicate I was disadvantaged. I think there was some kind of mistake because I also didn't apply to Harvard.
Ah, this is making me feel much better thanks! I brushed off one incident, but after both of them I started to get concerned haha.

kay815

2+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2014
Status
I'm in the same boat as you all... GW and Harvard sent me info. But I'm glad I'm not the only one!!!