Accidentally wrote oateopathic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aubrey Graham

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Accidentally wrote osteopathic in md essay for secondary...no chance for an interview from this school?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Can we have context? lol

Members don't see this ad :)
In terms of copy/paste mistakes, that's pretty bad. Almost on par with putting another school's name on a different school's app.

Reactions: 1 users
All kinds of lol ITT

Sorry OP, I don't think you're getting interviewed there.

Unrelated, but on my AMCAS I somehow managed to switch the genders of my parents.

Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Both my parents are "male" on my AMCAS application. A whoops too late . . .

Accidentally wrote osteopathic in md essay for secondary...no chance for an interview from this school?
This is really insensitive. In order to make up for this mistake in judgment I suggest you write an apology letter to the people you slighted:

All the osteopathic schools informing them of your mistake on your allopathic application.

And spelled osteopathic wrong too, I say perhaps writing is not your forte.

I was really disappointed when I found out that OP didn't write "oateopathic" in a secondary. That would've been hilarious.

Reactions: 9 users
I'd say you dead meat at that school. In all seriousness, it's a med school application we're talking about, and if you can't be careful with something that important.....

Reactions: 2 users
"I'm just saying you could do better." -- Aubrey Graham

I'd say you dead meat at that school. In all seriousness, it's a med school application we're talking about, and if you can't be careful with something that important.....
I did the same thing. Is it that big of a deal? Kinda freaking out.

Wait so you wrote' "oatopathic" in an MD essay? Not a DO essay? Did I read this wrong or did you make two mistakes?
Also did you at least have a succesful cycle ( at other " oatopathic" schools).

Wait so you wrote' "oatopathic" in an MD essay? Not a DO essay? Did I read this wrong or did you make two mistakes?
Also did you at least have a succesful cycle ( at other " oatopathic" schools).
I wrote that I am going to start shadowing a osteopathic doctor on a md school secondary.

Unrelated, but on my AMCAS I somehow managed to switch the genders of my parents.

Dude, it's 2017 if they even remotely bring it up just say you're triggered.

EDIT: Just saw you're already med student

I wrote that I am going to start shadowing a osteopathic doctor on a md school secondary.

This is not that bad in my opinion. I would have probably not emphasized it was an ostheopathic doctor though. I've sent DO letters to MD schools, particularly those that have said they want such a letter (Rosy franklin, UCF etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
In terms of copy/paste mistakes, that's pretty bad. Almost on par with putting another school's name on a different school's app.
I did that last year-- I didn't expect an interview but was given one after submitting a secondary with labeling it a diffferent med school name haha. You never know.

It took me forever to realize you didn't write oatheopathic instead of osteopathic for an osteopathic school. I was thinking, "I'd totally type that." Not sure on the situation - maybe they'll take it in stride and laugh. Probably not, but it really depends on the attitude of the person who reads your application.

Not a big deal to tell an allopathic school that you plan to shadow an osteopath. If I were assigned to interview you, I'd ask how that went and what you learned and what differences and similarities you see between the two (MD and DO) in practice.

Reactions: 2 users