Accomodation for NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nyudentist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.i got accpeted at NYU. i am punjabi indian.I am posting this thread for accomodation.Could anyone tell how can i find accomodation.Where do the students mostly live? Anyone wants to share accomodation .Pls help me.

Members don't see this ad.

People usually live in NJ. They commute to NY via PATH. Journal Square is a decent Indian locality with reasonable rents. Newport is a little pricey. But if you share the apt and get a good deal on the apt, its a safe and good area to live.
Also Queens is a nice place to live for Indians.I am not very aware of the safety and the prices of the apartments.

Hello everyone.i got accpeted at NYU. i am punjabi indian.I am posting this thread for accomodation.Could anyone tell how can i find accomodation.Where do the students mostly live? Anyone wants to share accomodation .Pls help me.

Hi nyudentist...congrats on ur acceptance:):)...u can actually go on rental website in manhattan u'll find some places...an also there is NYU's summer housing too that will be mentioned in ur admin package...u can also check out waterside plaza manhattan wesite...(google it)...its pretty close walking distance to school....

Members don't see this ad :)
well nyudentist... am a punjabi indian too... where r u at in US?? am too gonna look for sharing accomodation.. do let me knw ..

me too, a punjabi indian girl. got accepted in NYU. I am also looking for sharing and finding info on accomodation.

thanks akshi and najfri for ur information......if anyone else can share something.....

People usually live in NJ. They commute to NY via PATH. Journal Square is a decent Indian locality with reasonable rents. Newport is a little pricey. But if you share the apt and get a good deal on the apt, its a safe and good area to live.
Also Queens is a nice place to live for Indians.I am not very aware of the safety and the prices of the apartments.

HI Dear:
i was looking for these newport & queens in NJ. if u help me. i would prefer to live in NJ in a nice area w/ family. would u please tell me what city most the students live & nearest to commute every day. thanx

hello,
I am also an indian female looking out for an accomodation.got my acceptance letter today.If anyone has chosen a place and need someone to share please let me know.Thanx

HI Dear:
i was looking for these newport & queens in NJ. if u help me. i would prefer to live in NJ in a nice area w/ family. would u please tell me what city most the students live & nearest to commute every day. thanx

I live in Newport area. Its a very nice locality. Many students live here. Also check Grove Street and Journal Square areas. Queens, I am not that familiar with. I know there is a huge indian population there. So you may find somebody chosing to live there.
Check www.craigslist.com and look for apartments in north jersey area. The search key word could be newport/ pavonia/grove street and so on. you must be able to get something.

Queens is in NY and the rest of the areas are in NJ. The commute is by PATH local train between NJ and NY. Takes upto 15 minutes to reach NY and then a walk/bus travel for 10 min. So you should be in school by half an hour if you live in newport/jsq/grove street.

hey nikita nd akshi... ppl on the google group are alos lookin for roommates.. join in so that u could find frnds nd help us as well... thnx in advance

waterside is a good recommendation. many students go through nyu housing and get placed in stuyvesant town though the closest campus housing assignments are at the 26th street residence but few people choose to or get to stay here for more than a year. apartments in stuyvesant town and peter cooper village and post luminaria are (not nyu housing) if you sign on with a guarantor, waterside as well though they're a little more lenient and cheaper. i wouldn't recommend commuting unless you are used to it. especially during the winter with the rain sleet snow and train delays to commute into even within the city is stressful. senior students must be getting ready to leave, and if they have leases that end after graduation they may be looking for students to take over. so another good recommendation someone else mentioned is to check out craigslist http://newyork.craigslist.org

good luck!

hey i too am lookin for an accomodation ..m a female from india ..r any girls out there lookin fro a roomie pl do post in here n den we cud work out :)

waterside is a good recommendation. many students go through nyu housing and get placed in stuyvesant town though the closest campus housing assignments are at the 26th street residence but few people choose to or get to stay here for more than a year. apartments in stuyvesant town and peter cooper village and post luminaria are (not nyu housing) if you sign on with a guarantor, waterside as well though they're a little more lenient and cheaper. i wouldn't recommend commuting unless you are used to it. especially during the winter with the rain sleet snow and train delays to commute into even within the city is stressful. senior students must be getting ready to leave, and if they have leases that end after graduation they may be looking for students to take over. so another good recommendation someone else mentioned is to check out craigslist http://newyork.craigslist.org

good luck!

Hello Fremonitems!
I am looking at staying in student housing. I understand that we get to only stay there for a year. Wanted to know about stuyvesant/cooper/post. So, do we have to go there through NYU housing or ?? Would appreciate your help with this.
Thanks, again.
Reva

Members don't see this ad :)
hi anyone from gujarat, indian male
and looking for accomodation and got acceptance at nyu
do let me know .................
thanx.............

Hi Indian Dentist,

I got accepted at NYU.....Indian girl looking for accomadation near School...you can contact me soon.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

hi anyone indian male
and got acceptance for nyu class 2011
and looking for accomodation do contact me plz
thanx

hope to hear soon

Hai!
Iam a south indian girl(tamil) looking for accomodation

hi anyone from india male
got accepted at nyu class of 2011
looking for accomodation
plz contact me.........
i am also looking for someone for accomodation :)

hi anyone from india male
got accepted at nyu class of 2011
looking for accomodation
plz contact me.........
i am also looking for someone for accomodation :)

Doclittle,

Be patient. Someone will come up with a reply. Not many acceptances have been sent. Three posts with the same message..have some patience...
good luck

akshi

Students at NYU stay mostly in the following locations
NYU housing - check NYU website for details
Jersey City - near Newport, Groove street, Journal Square, Harrison PATH stations
NY - Chinatown, Queens, Brooklyn
Depending on the location the rent will vary for a single room/apt from $700 to $1900.
It helps to stay near the school but rents are higher.
Hope this helps

Hi
Iam an indian female.got into nyu this year.looking for an accomodation would like to share near the college campus. becoz 1st year is little hectic and it would be better to stay near the college iam from west coeast (cali) and dont know anything in new york
so if anyone is interetsed plss reply me back and we can sort out things together.
thanks,
ANU

Hi
Iam an indian female.got into nyu this year.looking for an accomodation would like to share near the college campus. becoz 1st year is little hectic and it would be better to stay near the college iam from west coeast (cali) and dont know anything in new york
so if anyone is interetsed plss reply me back and we can sort out things together.
thanks,
ANU
Anu,
I am interested in living close to the college, I am also gonna consider student apts. (depending on cost). Would you like to talk sometime?
Thanks!
Reva

Hi Reva,
I am also interested in sharing accommodation.
My email id is [email protected]
Give me your contact details so that I can contact you.

thanks and hope to hear from you soon.
Reetane

Hi Reva,
Give me ur contact details. i will call u,where do u stay
Iam in california. so depending on the time i can call u and talk or
u can pm me.I can give my contact details
Thanks,
Anu
Anu,
I am interested in living close to the college, I am also gonna consider student apts. (depending on cost). Would you like to talk sometime?
Thanks!
Reva

Hi Reva,
Thanks,
Anu

hi anu ,reva.,cute dentist,jkkndc
im also lukn for accomodation close to nyu...
if u can pm ur contact nos we can talk....
since the class starts in june its better to set things earlier...

hi guys even i got admission in NYU and looking for accomidation:scared:

hi anyone from gujarat, indian male
and looking for accomodation and got acceptance at nyu
do let me know .................
thanx.............
hi,i m also gujarati male and accepted at nyu looking for accomodation.
can u tell me ur detail as soon as possible.............

hi guys even i got admission in NYU and looking for accomidation:scared:
hi,i also got accepted at NYU.i m gujarati male lookin for accomodation,give me yr detail..........

hi,i m also gujarati male and accepted at nyu looking for accomodation.
can u tell me ur detail as soon as possible.............

hi dentds...
how r u? good to c u...........
neways u can email me at [email protected]
so hope to hear u soon

hi,am male,indian,got accepted into NYU,if anyone looking for an apartment,do add me,u can write to me at [email protected],,my phone # is 678-923-1486.Thank you.

I also got accepted at NYU and looking for accommodation near school.

my email id is [email protected].

Give me your contact details so that I can contact you.

Hi Anu,
I am also based in California and looking for sthat I can contact youso ome female to share a aprtment near school.
Give me your contact details
Hi Reva,
Thanks,
Anu

me too, a punjabi indian girl. got accepted in NYU. I am also looking for sharing and finding info on accomodation.

hi i am also looking for accomodation. I am a north indian girl. do let me know if u are interested in sharing an accomodation.
please email me at [email protected]

hi gals i am looking for someone to share accomodation. I am a girl from north india. pls contact me if interested in sharing accomodation. my phone no. is 908-590-3972 and email id is [email protected]

hello all I got my aceptation letter this weekend please if anybody want to share a apt let me know.....................my phone is 781 8943312 vict

Hi I am new to SDN. Please some seniors put some light where to find the affordable and nearest to school accomodation.

i have been living in new york for 2 years and a half..

i recommend you guys live in Flusing. the rent is cheap than manhattan,,and it is a safe area,,,and the number 7 subway is convenient..

hope this helps..

rain

looking for a female to share apt.....i am from India... please contact me at
[email protected]

hey i too am lookin for an accomodation ..m a female from india ..r any girls out there lookin fro a roomie pl do post in here n den we cud work out :)

hi whirlpooldoc i am lookin for a roomie. did u find anyone? if not i am interested . jusz let me know . my phone no.is 908-590-3972.
thanks

hello all I got my aceptation letter this weekend please if anybody want to share a apt let me know.....................my phone is 781 8943312 vict

hi i am interested in sharing an apartment. are u from india?

Hello guys,
Me n my frnd are looking for a roommate, interested in sharing a room
plz call me at this no 2709948642
Thnks

Hey,

I'm a guy looking for a room mate near NYU. I'll be beginning in Sept 2008. Please call me if you're interested at 469 231 1155.

I am a D3 student at NYUCD. I am also an AP student who started last year. My roommate is graduating this year and I am looking for a female roommate.
Here are the details:

The apartment is in "Waterside Plaza", 2 bedroom (one is occupied by me, the bigger one is for rent) which is exactly 5 mins walking distance from school. It is for 1450/ month. (Cheapest deal for Manhattan rates). The rent includes all utilities - high speed Internet, A/C, heater, electricity, gas, microwave, cable TV. There is laundry room in the basement. 24 hour doorman service, access card entry - meaning great security. Move in by Jun 1, a couple of days earlier considering the fact that your school starts on Jun 2. The basic furniture (Queen size bed with mattress, floor lamps, study table, chair etc) can be bought at negotiable rate from the outgoing tenant.

Immediate response appreciated!!!.
Thanks