Accredited Investor Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mauricekenter

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I want to become an accredited investor in the "eyes of the government" in order to become partner with a group I will be working for. Basically I need to make $200,00 gross per year for 2 consecutive years in order to accomplish this.

My question is this: I am selling my home, which I have lived in for the last 3 years as my primary residence, and should make around $25,000 on top of what I bought it for. Will this additional amount be included in my gross income for the year? I am basically attempting to determine how much I need to work this year (paid hourly) in order to obtain my goal of making $200,000 this year, and I am curious if the selling of my house will offset this.

Thanks for your help!