ACEP Salary Survey Results

Started by Major
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

We've talked about it before in old threads but most SDG jobs were paying 300/hr rates for docs back in the golden years.

Compare that with today where most SDGs stopped partnership tracks and instead will offer 200/hr rates for senior residents.
 
Everyone is looking to get their hands on your cookie jar now (CMG, hospital W2, predatory SDG). It is hard to find a good job.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We've talked about it before in old threads but most SDG jobs were paying 300/hr rates for docs back in the golden years.

Compare that with today where most SDGs stopped partnership tracks and instead will offer 200/hr rates for senior residents.
I remember being an academic attending ~2011-2014 in Texas where the senior residents would graduate and go out and make 400+/hr in regional TX.

With no state income tax, that made the student loans go away Real Fast.
 
If you get 3% respondents, then you should not even publish it. These surveys always tilts towards the low end it seems. The ones making the big bucks don't want to share this secret.

If I were making $500/hr somewhere, I surely would not answer this survey.
Yeah, when i looked at it the mean and median were about 50k lower than other surveys. The issue and its a big one is EM is so variable. Some people work 80 hours a month, then we have people on here working 220 hours. Hard to compare their income.

I think the most useful metrics are $/hr and $/pt. None are perfect. I would pick up a locums gig for $300/hr if I could do a 72 hours shift and volumes were 10-12 / day.

I had the opportunity to do 275/hr for similar volumes but they wouldnt let me do a 72. So i said no thanks.
 
Yeah, when i looked at it the mean and median were about 50k lower than other surveys. The issue and its a big one is EM is so variable. Some people work 80 hours a month, then we have people on here working 220 hours. Hard to compare their income.

I think the most useful metrics are $/hr and $/pt. None are perfect. I would pick up a locums gig for $300/hr if I could do a 72 hours shift and volumes were 10-12 / day.

I had the opportunity to do 275/hr for similar volumes but they wouldnt let me do a 72. So i said no thanks.
I'd consider that gig for full time lol.