ACGME question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reboa

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was hoping I could maybe get some guidance I*m a pgy 1 that matched last cycle. I matched into a program that is totally different to when I showed up. Different PD and APD with no notification that the program was cancelled and that we:ll be the final intern class.

My question is, is there some kind of violation that occurred from when I signed a contract under certain pretenses and was never notified of any changes prior to the instituted changes. The reason I:m so frustrated is that the large University program is basically just using us as warm bodies with no concerns for our education Thanks for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry about your situation. Closing a residency is always tough. Our program recently absorbed 2 residents due to their previous residency shutting down.
That being said, technically residency contracts are a duration of one academic year, and pending your performance during your intern year, you are offered a pgy-2 contract to advance. They may have not known that the program was closing. It's a crappy situation, but I don't think there was a match violation.