ACOFP Intraining Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

faith100

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those residents in OSTEOPATHIC residency programs - what did you use to prepare for the ACOFP intraining exam? Do you know if there is a blueprint available - I haven't been able to find one!

Our exam is coming up in October and we've been told by faculty and upper-level residents to not blow it off or we would be placed in a remedial track/probation of sorts for poor performance - SO, it was advised we start studying now!

I'm assuming there is a lot of OMM, OB, and Peds?
I was going to use the following: Savarese, CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment Family Medicine, FA Step 3, and COMBANK...any other suggestions or changes to this plan?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

For those residents in OSTEOPATHIC residency programs - what did you use to prepare for the ACOFP intraining exam? Do you know if there is a blueprint available - I haven't been able to find one!

Our exam is coming up in October and we've been told by faculty and upper-level residents to not blow it off or we would be placed in a remedial track/probation of sorts for poor performance - SO, it was advised we start studying now!

I'm assuming there is a lot of OMM, OB, and Peds?
I was going to use the following: Savarese, CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment Family Medicine, FA Step 3, and COMBANK...any other suggestions or changes to this plan?

Thanks!
What did you use for COMLEX 3? Same approach will do well for the ACOFP ITE. I had used Boards & Wards. If it's still fresh, then focus on the weaker areas for you. CURRENT is good, but pretty lengthy. Not as much OMT as you'd think. Yes on the Peds and OB/Gyn. Normally you want to do better on the ITE in each subsequent year; or, some programs just want to make sure you're in the "safe" range by the time you're a PGY-3. Good luck!