ACOG in San Diego this week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AbuJadenDO

Soon2beOB
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the ACOG conference in sunny San Diego and was wondering what you all thought!?
it was my first ACOG conference since deciding I want to go into OB (i'm an "almost" 4th year) and I was blown away by how well organized it was and how well done it was in general.

just wondering what you all thought of it...

Members don't see this ad.

I think it would have been nice if some of the clinical/information sessions didn't cost $40 so I could go and learn something, but it's clear that they make supporting students a huge priority, what with providing us lunch & dinner every day, and giving us free tickets to that President's dinner.

WHAT!!?? WHEN WAS THAT DINNER!?
I didn't know bout it!

how was it

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, we didn't go, the students in my group preferred to go out for a night on our own instead. :oops:

It was a great opportunity for anyone who attended. It was well organized and they treated us to practically every meal and made us feel like we belonged to the group. It would have been nice to go to a few of the other meetings but with the cost it was not really feasible. There was plenty for us to do otherwise and they ended up giving us the free tickets to the Presidental Dinner/Dance which was great fun and a good place to meet some influential people. Great Success from my perspective.

This was my first ACOG conference and I was disappointed that the courses cost so much. If you were not interested in CME credit, I think the courses should be free. There was also a discrepancy between what I was told by registration people. When we checked in, we were told that certain lectures were free but when we attended them, we were either asked for a ticket or were kicked out once because we did not have one. I enjoyed myself and learned a lot and met a a lot of great people, but I think the emphasis was too much on profit instead of expanding clinical knowledge. At most conferences, a set fee entitles you to attend all the lectures.