• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

anonperson

10+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Is anyone going to it this year? Have any of you gone as a medical student in the past, and if so, do you mind providing feedback? Any info would be greatly appreciated! :)

Not going this year.

Went as a medical student, had a poster presentation.

It's a fun event. There should be some medical student aimed activities.

Lectures generally are interesting. They generally have a Stump the Professor forum which is always interesting.

caliprincess

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2006
Somewhere on the east coast...
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Thanks Anon and I am definitely looking forward to it. I'm more interested in the policy stuff, but I'm going to attend some of the medical student geared programming as well, which should be fun. Plus, it's in San Diego...

About the Ads

Miss Alyssa

10+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2005
Status (Visible)
I went last year and enjoyed it. I really liked the hands-on skills workshops that they had. You do have to register for stuff in advanced, even the medical student activities. If you don't register they might make you wait until everyone else enters to see if there is space for you. Best to avoid such a hassle. You also can't register for events that overlap in time (at least you couldn't last year)

Francon

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I will be there! I'm registered for the medical student stuff. Really looking forward to the Hands-On Skill session on Monday afternoon.

For those of you who went last year, how was the Residency Fair? I'm hoping to do a lot of networking for elective rotations next year and for residency in general.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.