ACOM vs. UIWSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

osteohopeful

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I feel fortunate to be accepted to two medical schools this cycle. I have until December 14th to make a decision as far as the medical school.

Here are a few things that come to mind:
- I'm OOS for both schools with no family ties to either Texas or Alabama
- I am potentially interested in radiology as a specialty
- UIWSOM has group-based learning with socratic dialogue sessions whereas ACOM has mostly non-mandatory lectures; that said, UIWSOM has a P/F curriculum with no class rank while ACOM's is graded (A/B/C/D) with a class rank.
- UIWSOM is in San Antonio (urban) while ACOM is in Dothan (suburban)
- Tuition is about the same with ACOM being slightly cheaper
- I would most likely going to practice in the midwest ultimately