ACP vs Northeastern vs Rutgers vs Rhode Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poolshark333

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a Junior in High School living in Albany, New York and very interested in getting a PharmD. Can anyone give pros / cons for each of these schools? I would also like to run track/cross country for a Division 1 school as well (which would leave out ACP since they only have club but its close to home)

Members don't see this ad.

Albany doesn't have track, but Union does. From ACP's athletics page:

"Our students also are eligible to participate in Union College athletic programs that are not offered at ACPHS. Union offers NCAA Division I men's hockey and a full range of NCAA Division III sports, including football, lacrosse, softball, baseball, swimming and track."

Have you looked at the accepted students stats for all these schools? Rutgers and URI have much higher acceptance standards, particularly Rutgers since you're out of state.

If cost is a factor or you're likely to qualify for fed/state aid, you might want to look at that now, ie. get an estimated EFC number. If you stay in NY you'd be eligible for TAP and other instate funding programs.

Last edited:
that's funny, i'm from Albany NY too poolshark. Anyway, I'm wondering the same thing - can anybody answer please?

They are all 0-6 programs which i like, but how do they compare with regards to strength of school/social scene/atmosphere/being too "weedy"

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
ah im sure somebody can give some insight.

bump
any new information?
I've already been accepted to USP and URI

When did you hear you were accepted into uri and how did they notify you? Thanks and good luck!

Last edited:
When did you hear you were accepted into uri and how did they notify you? Thanks and good luck!
Thanks! I got a letter in the mail on Saturday 12/5. Your profile says you are a pharmacy student. Where do you go?