acs organic II final

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spriggy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know the questions are group together by subject, but are they in order? Does it start from nomenclature and work it's way up to synthesis?

I have to get a 78.1% (curved) on this thing to pass the class so I'm looking for any & everything to help me prepare. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Just took it today..no they aren't grouped together. There was like one naming Q on the entire exam. Quite a few NMR's though..they were spread out throughout the exam and random Q's like acids/bases, nucleophiles, etc. It was a piece of cake, no lie. If you did the ACS book at least twice and you understnd most of the rxns..you should be golden. :thumbup:

If your Orgo class had any rigor whatsoever, this test is a piece of cake. Most problems deal with simple mechanisms, and general orgo knowledge. I would just go over your syllabus and make sure you have a general understanding of each concept (nomenclature, basic mechs, etc.). Then go over what still is troubling you.

Think about it this way: you need roughly a 50/70 for a 78% percentile score. That means you have to get a C- or above on a not too rigorous test. So, study hard but don't kill yourself!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I took the ACS orgo II test on monday and I didnt think it was that easy actually. Most of the test was mechanisms, alkene synthesis, ene-ol rxns, some IR and NMR, few questions on nomenclature, acidity & basicity, resonance, lewis dot, etc. Anyway, make sure you study the ACS guide and you should be ok as mentioned previously. The ACS guide really walks you through some challenging problems. I really hated the font on the exam. Good luck!

organic is alkynes of fun isn't it?