Spriggy

10+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I know the questions are group together by subject, but are they in order? Does it start from nomenclature and work it's way up to synthesis?

I have to get a 78.1% (curved) on this thing to pass the class so I'm looking for any & everything to help me prepare. :D

dentalmagnet

10+ Year Member
Oct 31, 2008
Status (Visible)
Just took it today..no they aren't grouped together. There was like one naming Q on the entire exam. Quite a few NMR's though..they were spread out throughout the exam and random Q's like acids/bases, nucleophiles, etc. It was a piece of cake, no lie. If you did the ACS book at least twice and you understnd most of the rxns..you should be golden. :thumbup:

condoleezarice

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
If your Orgo class had any rigor whatsoever, this test is a piece of cake. Most problems deal with simple mechanisms, and general orgo knowledge. I would just go over your syllabus and make sure you have a general understanding of each concept (nomenclature, basic mechs, etc.). Then go over what still is troubling you.

Think about it this way: you need roughly a 50/70 for a 78% percentile score. That means you have to get a C- or above on a not too rigorous test. So, study hard but don't kill yourself!

Last edited:
About the Ads

Tunaman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I took the ACS orgo II test on monday and I didnt think it was that easy actually. Most of the test was mechanisms, alkene synthesis, ene-ol rxns, some IR and NMR, few questions on nomenclature, acidity & basicity, resonance, lewis dot, etc. Anyway, make sure you study the ACS guide and you should be ok as mentioned previously. The ACS guide really walks you through some challenging problems. I really hated the font on the exam. Good luck!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.