Retake a C in Organic Chemistry 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Retake or no?

• Yes

• No

• Results

Results are only viewable after voting.

rm777

Reaction score
I'm finishing my sophomore year.

I have a perfect GPA besides one C I'll get in Orgo 2. I tried my absolute hardest in this class but the results just didn't align with my effort. I got super unlucky.

I'll have an overall GPA of 3.9 (60 credits). I can guarantee to get an A if I retake it. Is it worth it?

Not a troll post, I'm genuinely unsure.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm finishing my sophomore year.

I have a perfect GPA besides one C I'll get in Orgo 2. I tried my absolute hardest in this class but the results just didn't align with my effort. I got super unlucky.

I'll have an overall GPA of 3.9 (60 credits). I can guarantee to get an A if I retake it. Is it worth it?

Not a troll post, I'm genuinely unsure.
Only retake if your grade is C- or lower.
Lots of people have 1 low grade in a tough class so move on to your next challenge

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn’t retake it, one bad grade shouldn’t hurt you and you can show adcoms you’ve improved by scoring well on the chemistry portion of the DAT.

Just keep grinding and getting the best grades you can

I wouldn’t retake it, one bad grade shouldn’t hurt you and you can show adcoms you’ve improved by scoring well on the chemistry portion of the DAT.

Just keep grinding and getting the best grades you can
Thank you

You do need to own up on what happened. You got a C, and it's not the end of the world. But being "unlucky" isn't going to cut it if you are ever asked (extremely unlikely) about the C or (more likely) what you would have done to get a better grade.

But to the question: relax. Get a strong DAT score. Don't forget the other parts of your potential application and preparation for your career.

Don’t waste your time retaking. I got a F in human anatomy because my college ex gf broke up with me. I was depressed for half the year and all my grades dipped.

Still got into dental school and practicing dentistry for 5 years so far.

Most dental schools will average the two grades. Say you get an A the next time your retake, averages out to a B. Not worth a 1 letter grade jump. However for me, retaking and getting bumped me up to a C for human anatomy was worth it.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 1 user