You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Active Duty Pay vs Monthly Stipend
Started by MadScientist95
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
2019
Thank you! How does this work with commissioned officer training since you would not need housing during this time? Would I only receive base pay and subsistence?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Exactly. I remember a $17.76 placeholder BAHThank you! How does this work with commissioned officer training since you would not need housing during this time? Would I only receive base pay and subsistence?
You’ll get BAH while on ADT. I got it at BOLC and DCC even though we were provided with housing.Thank you! How does this work with commissioned officer training since you would not need housing during this time? Would I only receive base pay and subsistence?
Did you have dependents? I forgot to mention that adds BAH. If not, I need to figure out how to get that back pay!You’ll get BAH while on ADT. I got it at BOLC and DCC even though we were provided with housing.
Unfortunately no, just me!Did you have dependents? I forgot to mention that adds BAH. If not, I need to figure out how to get that back pay!
There are many factors affecting net pay. Estimate: 85% of base pay plus allowances if you do not pay into a traditional TSP or use other pre-tax instruments. State taxes are the biggest wild card.
No, I’m dual military. My spouse claims our kids. Everybody got BAH regardless of dependents or not.Did you have dependents? I forgot to mention that adds BAH. If not, I need to figure out how to get that back pay!
So I’m from Florida and recieved the Air Force HPSP there but I will be going to school in Alabama. Will my state taxes be based on Florida or Alabama?There are many factors affecting net pay. Estimate: 85% of base pay plus allowances if you do not pay into a traditional TSP or use other pre-tax instruments. State taxes are the biggest wild card.
D
deleted480308
What is you military home of record for tax purposes? (There is a form for that)So I’m from Florida and recieved the Air Force HPSP there but I will be going to school in Alabama. Will my state taxes be based on Florida or Alabama?
Jacksonville, FloridaWhat is you military home of record for tax purposes? (There is a form for that)
D
deleted480308
Then it should be floridaJacksonville, Florida
That’s awesome, that’ll save me a decent amount of money since Alabama taxes are horrid. I’m going to check with my recruiter tomorrow just to make sure but that sounds rightThen it should be florida
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So to reiterate my state income tax should be based on Florida and not Alabama which is where I’ll be going to school? I apologize for being a noob at life lolThen it should be florida
D
deleted480308
Military can leave their income tax home in a prior state. It’s a niche portion of tax law, talk to an acctSo to reiterate my state income tax should be based on Florida and not Alabama which is where I’ll be going to school? I apologize for being a noob at life lol
Military can leave their income tax home in a prior state. It’s a niche portion of tax law, talk to an acct
Can someone enlighten me: is this true for reservists? My gut tells me no.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
D
deleted480308
My acct says yes, the new vbta is more generousCan someone enlighten me: is this true for reservists? My gut tells me no.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Since Florida doesn’t have a state tax, do I just subtract my federal tax rate which would be 12%, from the stipend and bonus to determine what I’ll likely be receiving?Military can leave their income tax home in a prior state. It’s a niche portion of tax law, talk to an acct
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 34
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 4K