AD need pre-req; post-bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jean Harper

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi-i'm brand new to this forum. here goes: i'm AD O-2 in the AF looking at seperating (hopefully 3 mo early) asking for vol sep in Jan so that i can take chem, ochem, bio and physics so that i can hopefully enter USUHS fall 2010. i was thinking about trying to Palace Chase, so that i could remain with the military during that time. I don't think the idea of staying AD and trying to take all those classes is feasible....not sure what to do. Does anyone have any ideas on all of that? any recommendations? i am signed up to go to TAP (transitionary assistance program) in May and then i guess i'll apply online pretty shortly for early vol sep in Jan 09. I am from TX so i was thinking UTSA for my pre-reqs. I still haven't heard from their pre-med program and i've emailed and called several times. it's sort of frustrating because i'm trying to plan all this out and i just feel like i'm doing everything without an inch of help but i can't be the first person to be doing this. Any advice?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

hi-i'm brand new to this forum. here goes: i'm AD O-2 in the AF looking at seperating (hopefully 3 mo early) asking for vol sep in Jan so that i can take chem, ochem, bio and physics so that i can hopefully enter USUHS fall 2010. i was thinking about trying to Palace Chase, so that i could remain with the military during that time. I don't think the idea of staying AD and trying to take all those classes is feasible....not sure what to do. Does anyone have any ideas on all of that? any recommendations? i am signed up to go to TAP (transitionary assistance program) in May and then i guess i'll apply online pretty shortly for early vol sep in Jan 09. I am from TX so i was thinking UTSA for my pre-reqs. I still haven't heard from their pre-med program and i've emailed and called several times. it's sort of frustrating because i'm trying to plan all this out and i just feel like i'm doing everything without an inch of help but i can't be the first person to be doing this. Any advice?:confused:

Just some FYI, the health professions office at UTSA is poorly managed. I am finishing my prereqs there with the intention of applying in '09. Of the advisors that work there Diane Elizondo is really good and cares about the students. Be forewarned though that you will need to do much of the legwork on your own. Also, don't take everything they tell you to the bank. I've uncovered many errors in the info they dissemintae to the student. I think their intentions are good, but they have too much on their plate to be able to help each individual student. Research your own questions and answers and decide early if you are going to use them for a committee letter. I'm still on the fence about this but have been developing a slow relationship with Diane and the office just in case I ask for a letter. Hit me up with a pm and I can give some insight about UTSA and maybe reccomend some profesors for your prereqs.