Adcom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

finwon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What does Adcom you guys talking about do?
Why does it matter if Adcom knows the exam is harder or not?

Members don't see this ad.

adcom = admission committee?

It would mean a lot if reapplicant's new score does not improve or if a new applicant is compared to an old applicant with older higher DAT scores who could be performing at the same level as the new applicant on the new exam.

Now this is assuming if the DAT indeed has gotten harder. As much as I would love to believe and hear that it has gotten harder because that makes my scores relatively stronger. However, I still think it is still too soon to conclude it is harder than last cycle. Just wait and see till the end of the summer and see the trends.

adcom = admission committee?

It would mean a lot if reapplicant's new score does not improve or if a new applicant is compared to an old applicant with older higher DAT scores who could be performing at the same level as the new applicant on the new exam.

Now this is assuming if the DAT indeed has gotten harder. As much as I would love to believe and hear that it has gotten harder because that makes my scores relatively stronger. However, I still think it is still too soon to conclude it is harder than last cycle. Just wait and see till the end of the summer and see the trends.

That is true!! I havent seen very many high scores yet like last year when it seemed like they were giving out 23's for free!! Maybe it has gotten harder, we'll find out soon!!

Members don't see this ad :)
That is true!! I havent seen very many high scores yet like last year when it seemed like they were giving out 23's for free!! Maybe it has gotten harder, we'll find out soon!!

those that earned their 22+ worked hard for it and deserved it. to say they were given it for free discredits all the efforts they went through to get those great scores.

im not sure if you can necessarily say the test is getting harder. it might be more appropriate to say that the test questions may have gone beyond the scope of the usual preparation materials used. that's why people mean it when they say to use anything and everything! QR can be hard, RC can be hard, even chem and o. chem could be hard, but from what i've read, it's bio people are talking about. bio is just memorizing your stuff. anything and everything. you can't rely on one source like kaplan blue book or something. i think a lot of people think they can pick up one book and prepare for bio, but that's not the case. we've supposed to be learning all this stuff from our science courses throughout the years, and whatever we haven't, you should go over in review books and text books. thats my 2 cents.

If the test's gotten harder at all, it's only in one section. Bio. One section doesn't warrant a drop in score from 23/24 to 19/20. Lots of the recent score posts havn't done well in QR or RC.

The 23's and 24's posted last cycle were posted in late July through early September. Those guys studied through that late in the game, so they did well. The scores posted in March/April of last year were't that hot either. The test hasn't gotten harder, but people are rushing too much to get everything done.

If the test's gotten harder at all, it's only in one section. Bio. One section doesn't warrant a drop in score from 23/24 to 19/20. Lots of the recent score posts havn't done well in QR or RC.

The 23's and 24's posted last cycle were posted in late July through early September. Those guys studied through that late in the game, so they did well. The scores posted in March/April of last year were't that hot either. The test hasn't gotten harder, but people are rushing too much to get everything done.

Yep. Also understand that there are tons more people who have completed that DAT by August. The most motivated ones usually post on SDN and you'll frequent them more at that time of the application process.