ADCOMS likely to put less weight on Writing section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SixStringPsych

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sure this has been talked about a little but I wasn't able to find any threads on the topic.

Does anyone think that ADCOMS will put less weight on the writing section due to it not being on the test starting in January? Only makes sense..if they are comparing several applications some of whom has a writing sample and some who don't, they can't really use it as a fair way to take one over the other.

Just wondering what y'all think.
 
I'm sure this has been talked about a little but I wasn't able to find any threads on the topic.

Does anyone think that ADCOMS will put less weight on the writing section due to it not being on the test starting in January? Only makes sense..if they are comparing several applications some of whom has a writing sample and some who don't, they can't really use it as a fair way to take one over the other.

Just wondering what y'all think.

yes, that is the consensus. the writing section receives very little to NO weight
 
The consensus is that it won't be counted but everything is pure speculation at this point and it's impossible to know for sure.

We might not even know what's going on with WS next year since many schools don't release info on that sort of stuff.

Your best bet is to not count on winging it on the grounds that it'll be dismissed next year.
 
Except for the Canadian schools, hardly any medschools cared about the writing score before AAMC announced that they were dropping it.

I would imagine that now they care even less. I'm not even studying for it, and will just make sure I write something coherent to fill in the little white boxes.