adderall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe the ignorance in this thread, esp. since the posters are future dentists and prescription writers.

(1) Learn to spell the name of the drug in question. The original poster spelt it correctly, yet some people changed it to aderol.

(2)
What a foolish statement. Judging from your point of view I personally would not trust you in any sort of healthcare or law/drug policy making. Adderall is not crack, it is used by people of all ages to treat ADHD. It can also be used by people without ADHD (whether it is obtained via legal or illegal means). The difference is probably the % boost in focus and productivity (assuming you can quanitify it). It helps out the ADHD person much more than the non-ADHD person.

(3) Making generalizations without doing research is foolish as well. Saying "it kills children" or "it gives you headaches" is misleading. It has caused deaths and will continue to cause deaths, but only in rare cases when it is abused or if there are unforeseen complications. This is possible with any drug, period. Headache is one of many possible side effects. Side effects are differnet for everyone, just because you got a headache one time you did it doesn't mean everyone else does too.

(4) WIKIPEDIA.org, for the love of God. If you want a quick snapshot of something, anything please check out wikipedia first before you sound like a fool. However, don't use wikipedia as a hands down reliable source.

(5) Most of the posts in this thread are what I expected. I'd guess that most of the people on this board are smart and educated. Thus, most of the posters probably don't have ADHD, adn thus never needed adderall or ritalin. And with this inherent intelligence comes a certain ignorance to those less fortunate, obviously apparent in the posts in this thread. As with many dentists, some of the people on this board seem conservative and quick to pass judgement without doing research or knowing the facts.

Notice my use of the words "many, some, seem".

MY POINT
If you're going to be a dentist and write prescriptions you need to broaden your understanding and awareness of other peoples lives. Do your research and look at the big picture when forming your opinions. There is seldom such a thing as an ultimatum, but there is always some form of balance. I know this is PRE-dental forum, thus I think most of the posters aren't in dental school yet, thus not writing prescriptions.

For the record, I do not have ADHD nor do I use prescription or illegal drugs.

Well, where do I begin…
(1) First of all, I am sure you well know (because you are far more educated than me due to the fact that I suffer from ADHD) that spelt is…yes that's right, an ancient form of wheat. It is however still around and is used in the health food industry. If you would like to do some more research, try wikipedia.org and type spelt in the search field then you must single click on the "GO" button. This should clear up any misinformation that you may have obtained.

(2) I did have a hard time finding the word "quanitify" on the wikipedia.org
website.

(3) Again, cannot find "differnet" on wikipedia.org either.

(4) Lest I mention it:
"WIKIPEDIA.org, for the love of God. If you want a quick snapshot of something, anything please check out wikipedia first before you sound like a fool.. However, don't use wikipedia as a hands down reliable source."
I do agree with you on your final statement.

(5) I just don't understand your ignorance on this issue. You are saying that those who suffer from ADHD are neither educated nor smart? I beg to differ buddy. There are many VERY intelligent people who suffer or are now thought to have suffered from ADD/ADHD. Just to name a few…Einstein, Edison, Bill Cosby, Mozart, Beethoven, Michael Jordan, Steven Spielberg, and Thoreau. You know, you are right…all of those people are stupid. I shouldn't have questioned your authority on this topic. If you don't know any of the aforementioned people, just look them up on wikipedia.org.

Again, I can't find "adn" and "judgement" on wikipedia.org…I can't figure out why…maybe because I tried searching for them only once because I couldn't pay attention long enough to do a thorough search.

Regarding this "statement": "As with many dentists, some of the people on this board seem conservative and quick to pass judgement without doing research or knowing the facts." If you don't want to be associated with conservatives then find another field. Good luck finding a profession that does not attract conservatives, those who suffer from ADD/ADHD, or who are not perfect, unlike yourself of course. God forbid, you have to associate with an ADD ridden conservative who is not perfect.

"And with this inherent intelligence comes a certain ignorance to those less fortunate, obviously apparent in the posts in this thread." I couldn't have said it any better myself.

MY point:
Don't be so quick to criticize others, when you might need a little criticism yourself. Contrary to popular belief, we ALL make mistakes, it's life and most people can get over it. One of the few things you have correctly stated, is the fact that this IS a pre-dental forum. Notice the use of the prefix "pre". Therefore, it is obvious that we are not writing prescriptions.

For the record, I DO suffer from ADHD AND I DO use prescription drugs. If you want, go ahead and call the dental schools and let them know. After reading your post, you need all the help you can get!

I don't mean to pass judgment too quickly, but I would hate to live in your world.

"I can't believe the ignorance in this thread, esp. since the posters are future dentists and prescription writers." As you have shown all of us, ignorance is bliss…

Oh ya, before I go I have to ask...didn't your parents teach you to show kindness to those who are "less fortunate" than you are?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, where do I begin…
(1) First of all, I am sure you well know (because you are far more educated than me due to the fact that I suffer from ADHD) that spelt is…yes that’s right, an ancient form of wheat. It is however still around and is used in the health food industry. If you would like to do some more research, try wikipedia.org and type spelt in the search field then you must single click on the “GO” button. This should clear up any misinformation that you may have obtained.

(2) I did have a hard time finding the word “quanitify” on the wikipedia.org
website.

(3) Again, cannot find “differnet” on wikipedia.org either.

(4) Lest I mention it:
“WIKIPEDIA.org, for the love of God. If you want a quick snapshot of something, anything please check out wikipedia first before you sound like a fool.. However, don't use wikipedia as a hands down reliable source.”
I do agree with you on your final statement.

(5) I just don’t understand your ignorance on this issue. You are saying that those who suffer from ADHD are neither educated nor smart? I beg to differ buddy. There are many VERY intelligent people who suffer or are now thought to have suffered from ADD/ADHD. Just to name a few…Einstein, Edison, Bill Cosby, Mozart, Beethoven, Michael Jordan, Steven Spielberg, and Thoreau. You know, you are right…all of those people are stupid. I shouldn’t have questioned your authority on this topic. If you don’t know any of the aforementioned people, just look them up on wikipedia.org.

Again, I can't find “adn” and “judgement” on wikipedia.org…I can’t figure out why…maybe because I tried searching for them only once because I couldn’t pay attention long enough to do a thorough search.

Regarding this “statement”: “As with many dentists, some of the people on this board seem conservative and quick to pass judgement without doing research or knowing the facts.” If you don’t want to be associated with conservatives then find another field. Good luck finding a profession that does not attract conservatives, those who suffer from ADD/ADHD, or who are not perfect, unlike yourself of course. God forbid, you have to associate with an ADD ridden conservative who is not perfect.

“And with this inherent intelligence comes a certain ignorance to those less fortunate, obviously apparent in the posts in this thread.” I couldn’t have said it any better myself.

MY point:
Don’t be so quick to criticize others, when you might need a little criticism yourself. Contrary to popular belief, we ALL make mistakes, it’s life and most people can get over it. One of the few things you have correctly stated, is the fact that this IS a pre-dental forum. Notice the use of the prefix “pre”. Therefore, it is obvious that we are not writing prescriptions.

For the record, I DO suffer from ADHD AND I DO use prescription drugs. If you want, go ahead and call the dental schools and let them know. After reading your post, you need all the help you can get!

I don’t mean to pass judgment too quickly, but I would hate to live in your world.

“I can't believe the ignorance in this thread, esp. since the posters are future dentists and prescription writers.” As you have shown all of us, ignorance is bliss…

Oh ya, before I go I have to ask...didn't your parents teach you to show kindness to those who are "less fortunate" than you are?

in the words of mad money's jim cramer: BOOYAHSKI!!!

way to serve it up.

however, i do really appreciate the sarcasm as the last poster. i thought i was a really sarcastic dude, but you just proved me wrong.

but we all need to quit being SDN police.

Status
Not open for further replies.