Adderall!!??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bennyboy5406

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, listen so I'm pretty sure that I need adderall (ie: cant study/cant focus/mind's racing) long story short, how do I tell a doctor that I'm pretty sure I need this medication.

Members don't see this ad.

Alright, listen so I'm pretty sure that I need adderall (ie: cant study/cant focus/mind's racing) long story short, how do I tell a doctor that I'm pretty sure I need this medication.

hmmmm...I think this thread is about to be closed

the doc wont believe you until he/she runs test of his own to determine if you need such a drug

man i would like to know too

even though ive done well in all my science/upper science classes.... i have a hard time focusing/getting things done.

i cant just walk in and tell the guy i have add and need adderall or something, they wouldnt believe me, eh?

Members don't see this ad :)

Instead of diagnosing yourself and formulating your own treatment plan, you should probably just explain your complaints/symptoms...

or google "narcolepsy" and adopt the symptoms as your own:rolleyes:

Just get your priorities in order, starting with getting a full night's rest. If you sleep 8 hours a night, you will have 16 hours during the day to get stuff done. If you have a sleeping disorder that is something entirely different, and you should present your doctor with your symptoms and let him/her determine a proper treatment.

I believe a licensed physician is much more qualified to determine whether you "need" a medication than you are.

OP, if you have concerns, talk to your physician about them. You don't need to tell him what treatment you need. He'd the one with the experience and education to determine that part. He can't help you unless you go see him.

SDN isn't the place to seek advice on treatment or how to convince your physician that you require specific medication. Your question has already been well answered.

This thread will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.