Addiction Psychiatry fellowships will use the Match for the class of 2023-24

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DRG23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't really seen this advertised anywhere but for rising PGY-4s who are planning to apply into addiction psych, it's looking like they are going to be going through the Match for next year. I'll admit, I was really looking forward to not having to repeat this process again, yet here we are. I'm not sure why the switch happened; it didn't seem like most programs filled anyway.

Members don't see this ad.

There are advantages to a match. It keeps everything on one time line and removes the pressure to say yes early before you've had the chance to assess all the options and risk losing a spot entirely. It also stops time-line creep where you have to commit as early as pgy3 year (looking at you, forensics...)

It won't make it more competitive or anything like that. I was glad CL used the match, it genuinely took a lot of stress out. Now if only they could get on board with using ERAS so you don't have to email out separate applications....

Reactions: 1 users
It also stops time-line creep where you have to commit as early as pgy3 year (looking at you, forensics...)

Damn straight. I was told by some FDs that forensics doesn’t have a match because “it would be too expensive.” Not sure if it’s like a credit card system where merchants have to pay a fee for each sale (programs pay a fee to ERAS?)?

Matched

But does anyone have the scramble list?

Curious because it was the first year of the match and last year there were open spots at good programs.

Maybe this year I got screwed by a pure match. Looking forward to training where I matched but wasn’t my top.