addiction to sdn prevet forum - cures

Started by wildfocus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wildfocus

DVM/PhD student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so my husband says i am addicted to this website, and, considering i check it on just about every break, i'm certain he is right. ideas for a cure? funny suggestions appreciated!!
 
get your husband addicted to the forum too! I mean, after all, he has a big stake in knowing what's going on too, doesn't he?

My SO is nearly as attached to this forum as I am now, and I only found it a few days ago!
 
so my husband says i am addicted to this website, and, considering i check it on just about every break, i'm certain he is right. ideas for a cure? funny suggestions appreciated!!

I'll admit it. I am an addict too. Someone help me! :scared:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I enjoy the addiction, it usually cheers me up when I didn't get an email (after checking that about every other minute too 😉 )
 
we can start a Forumholics Anonymous group, it will be good leadership opportunity to put on your application.
 
I too am looking for a cure... I'm not sure whether it's group therapy, group stress or some combination. Needless to say I'm ready for April...
 
I am embracing my addiction. Before SDN, it was a little lonely doing this whole process by myself. I love hearing what everyone else is going through!
 
i actually try and get other ppl addicted with me! haha actually my sdn addiction has taken over my myspace addiction... at least now i feel like i'm being more "productive" with my time
 
i enjoy this addiction too! it's like i finally can talk to folks who understand, and who will soon be my colleagues. next time the SO chimes in about it though, i think i will have to use the "at least it's not crack" line. :laugh:
 
lol =)

Aluminum foil over they keyboard could work too.

Or just pick and pop off the individual keys on the board...

You'd be amazed how much it slows you down when the keys are missing!

Ever try typing sentences without your space-bar? :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You could let a squirrel chew the keys on the board until they become non-functional. Tonight it was my iPOD case 😡 can't leave him alone for one second! 🙂
 
You could try subscribing to threads instead of refreshing. Then you can get updates in your e-mail and you'll spend less time on the website.
 
No suggestion for cures, since I too am a SDN addict. Just when things have gotten kind of slow during the "pre-game warm-up", I found the BLOG section of SDN. O God, Help Me. Not to make fun of AA (definately not joking matter) but I thought we could humorously "tweek" the 12 steps to fit us. Could be fun? I'll go first.

1. We admit we are powerles to fight the urge to visit, read, post, and blog on the SDN.