• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

kcpride

10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
is there any possible way to add an activity after submitting amcas?? can i send an addendum to each individual school?? ive been able to mention it in the secondaries for a few schools, but i definitely wont be able to for all of them,and i feel like it's an activity that could potentially help me out...i wasn't sure if it counted when i was initially completing my amcas but now i realized i could have included it.

any thoughts??

kidthor

meep
15+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I asked GWU about this when I met with one of their admissions people. She said that it'd be a good idea to send schools an update letter if you started a new activity (especially if it was something clinical).

About the Ads

kcpride

10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Depakote said:
Mention it in secondaries wherever possible and send update letters.

can i send it in an "update letter" if technically it occurred in May..

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
The Hospital
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
You can't add anything to AMCAS after you submit it! Sorry!
Mention it in secondaries when you can, as others have said, and send an update letter post-interview. :)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.