adding another school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akaykay

Rookie
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to add another school to PharmCAS (even though I only have a week left to submit my supplemental). What other school should I consider that doesn't consider PCAT scores, doesn't have state preferences, and is looking for well-rounded students.

I'm thinking UCSD would be a good one for that. Bad or good idea?

Members don't see this ad.

I would like to add another school to PharmCAS (even though I only have a week left to submit my supplemental). What other school should I consider that doesn't consider PCAT scores, doesn't have state preferences, and is looking for well-rounded students.

I'm thinking UCSD would be a good one for that. Bad or good idea?

Since UCSD is a public institution, CA residents are given preference. I think it may be an extremely difficult school to get into- primarily research based I believe.

it is a public school, but i dont know whether they give preference to just mostly cali students... btw the average gpa tht got into that school is about 3.65 or so, i should know; i know a bunch of ppl who go there now and tht was their gpa.

Members don't see this ad :)
School that don't require PCAT

UCSD
UCSF
Western
Touro
University of the Pacific
Loma Linda
USC
USN

Those are the ones that I know of. Good Luck.

I've heard USN considers GPA their top criteria over anything else. So if you have a high GPA and nothing else (experience, EC, whatever....) You will probably get into USN.