adding another school

Started by akaykay
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

akaykay

Rookie
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would like to add another school to PharmCAS (even though I only have a week left to submit my supplemental). What other school should I consider that doesn't consider PCAT scores, doesn't have state preferences, and is looking for well-rounded students.

I'm thinking UCSD would be a good one for that. Bad or good idea?
 
I would like to add another school to PharmCAS (even though I only have a week left to submit my supplemental). What other school should I consider that doesn't consider PCAT scores, doesn't have state preferences, and is looking for well-rounded students.

I'm thinking UCSD would be a good one for that. Bad or good idea?

Since UCSD is a public institution, CA residents are given preference. I think it may be an extremely difficult school to get into- primarily research based I believe.
 
it is a public school, but i dont know whether they give preference to just mostly cali students... btw the average gpa tht got into that school is about 3.65 or so, i should know; i know a bunch of ppl who go there now and tht was their gpa.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
School that don't require PCAT

UCSD
UCSF
Western
Touro
University of the Pacific
Loma Linda
USC
USN

Those are the ones that I know of. Good Luck.
 
I've heard USN considers GPA their top criteria over anything else. So if you have a high GPA and nothing else (experience, EC, whatever....) You will probably get into USN.