Adding courses after verification... (need help)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentp0x

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So unecom wants to see that I am enrolled in two english courses in the fall semester otherwise they won't interview me (they want all pre-reqs done by end of the fall). I'm going to take an extra english course, but how do you update your aacomas app's courses section?

I've been verified for a while, all secondaries submitted.

Members don't see this ad.

Once you're enrolled in the course and it appears on your transcript, add the new courses as IN PROGRESS/TO BE TAKEN (or something of that sort) and send the new transcript to AACOMAS. That's what they told me when I was wondering the same thing.

Last edited:
Once you're enrolled in the course and it appears on your transcript, add the new courses as IN PROGRESS/TO BE TAKEN (or something of that sort) and send the new transcript to AACOMAS.
I don't think you can alter your "Colleges and Coursework" section once you're verified. I've had a transcript sent to AACOMAS since last week. This was for graduate coursework which I could not indicate on my primary as I would not have had a transcript to accompany it. I'm about to call AACOMAS to see if they have received it, and to find out if there is anything else I'll need to do. I'll post here what I find out...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like they do all of the updating for you, but if you can, it's probably better to include the Transcript Request Form, so the chances of it matched up to your application are better. The representative I spoke to said it can take processing center in DC up to 5 business days to upload it, and then may take up to 14 days to get transmitted to schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Looks like they do all of the updating for you, but if you can, it's probably better to include the Transcript Request Form, so the chances of it matched up to your application are better. The representative I spoke to said it can take processing center in DC up to 5 business days to upload it, and then may take up to 14 days to get transmitted to schools.
What do you mean they do the updating for you? Like I would call them and they would do it?

What do you mean they do the updating for you? Like I would call them and they would do it?
Since you can't edit/add to the colleges/coursework section, they have to do that part, and then they'll send the updated application to the schools. You send them the transcript, they process it, they update your app, they transmit your app. That's the progression of events as I understand it.

Yea just called and confirmed all of that. Seems like an additional 3 weeks at best... I submitted my secondary to UNECOM early last week and this is the only school where this makes a difference.

Well, at least it's a fairly easy step to get behind you. Good luck!

Well, at least it's a fairly easy step to get behind you. Good luck!
New difficulty... so I'm taking this course at a different university (online, it's just english). You can't make a transcript request form on AACOMAS for a new institution since you can't edit it. Ugh...
Waiting to see if UNECOM will let me send it to them directly for the proof of enrollment.

New difficulty... so I'm taking this course at a different university (online, it's just english). You can't make a transcript request form on AACOMAS for a new institution since you can't edit it. Ugh...
Waiting to see if UNECOM will let me send it to them directly for the proof of enrollment.
This is the same thing that happened to me. I started grad classes in summer, and couldn't get a transcript until after completing first semester. I submitted my primary well before the summer session was finished, and transcripts available, so I couldn't put anything for this school at all. It sounds like they will add the schools and everything once they receive the transcript.

This is the same thing that happened to me. I started grad classes in summer, and couldn't get a transcript until after completing first semester. I submitted my primary well before the summer session was finished, and transcripts available, so I couldn't put anything for this school at all. It sounds like they will add the schools and everything once they receive the transcript.
So just send in the transcript and that's it? There won't be any aacomas ID number on it or anything.

So just send in the transcript and that's it? There won't be any aacomas ID number on it or anything.
Yes. Most schools have a notes or additional comments section that you can request they include your AACOMAS ID. This may differ per school though, so better to call the institution's registrar to find out for sure. I would also double check your specific case with AACOMAS to make sure they recommend doing it this way.

Yes. Most schools have a notes or additional comments section that you can request they include your AACOMAS ID. This may differ per school though, so better to call the institution's registrar to find out for sure. I would also double check your specific case with AACOMAS to make sure they recommend doing it this way.
I see. Any other schools which require pre-reqs earlier than when acceptances are given out? Usually it's just something you need to show prior to matriculating...

I am also finishing some pre-reqs at a different university (started there this Fall) so I don't have a transcript to prove that I'm enrolled. I was wondering if AACOMAS would accept a letter from the registrar saying I am enrolled in this and this class? Has anyone tried that?