-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
- Home
- Forums
- Physician and Resident Communities (MD / DO)
- General Residency Issues
- ERAS, SOAP, and NRMP Match
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Adding Letter of Rec after submitting app to program
Started by DizzyNT
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
you can add new ones
Hey, I'm wondering if you can add a letter of rec to send to a program after you have submitted an application there, or if its limited to whatever slots you assigned to the program when you initially applied.
Thanks
So does the new LOR automatically get downloaded as soon as you assign it to the program even if the program has already downloaded the application or does the program have to go back and check to see if there are new LORs?
What if you have already designated a LOR but the letter hasnt been submitted by the writer yet? Will this letter get automatically downloaded once it is submitted?
What if you have already designated a LOR but the letter hasnt been submitted by the writer yet? Will this letter get automatically downloaded once it is submitted?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. Yes, the next time I connect to the ERAS postoffice, I'll get your new letter and it will be added to your application.
2. Yes, as soon as the letter is uploaded, I'll get it the next time I connect to the post office. Until it is uploaded, I don't even know it exists (i.e. I don't get a message / open slot / etc telling me that there is another LOR that will arrive sometime in the future)
2. Yes, as soon as the letter is uploaded, I'll get it the next time I connect to the post office. Until it is uploaded, I don't even know it exists (i.e. I don't get a message / open slot / etc telling me that there is another LOR that will arrive sometime in the future)
so basically if you need to submit your apps on Sept 15th and you don't have any LORs actually ready yet, that would be bad news correct? Should you instead wait until lets say the 17th or 18th, when some LORs come in and then submit?
No and no.so basically if you need to submit your apps on Sept 15th and you don't have any LORs actually ready yet, that would be bad news correct? Should you instead wait until lets say the 17th or 18th, when some LORs come in and then submit?
I'm struggling to figure out how you got there from anything posted in this thread.
Thank you!1. Yes, the next time I connect to the ERAS postoffice, I'll get your new letter and it will be added to your application.
2. Yes, as soon as the letter is uploaded, I'll get it the next time I connect to the post office. Until it is uploaded, I don't even know it exists (i.e. I don't get a message / open slot / etc telling me that there is another LOR that will arrive sometime in the future)
No and no.
I'm struggling to figure out how you got there from anything posted in this thread.
Yea it's not directly related, but it is somewhat related to the title of the thread. So basically, you're saying you can submit your application to programs without any LORs for a few days, then upload and this will not cause any problems?
When would be the time threshold after submitting the application and not having any LORs that this would become a problem?
I obviously want to avoid programs reviewing my application negatively bc i dont have any letters available.
If you don't submit your app, they won't review it at all. Just submit and get your LORs in ASAP. Programs have deadlines for complete applications so make sure your LORs are in well before that.Yea it's not directly related, but it is somewhat related to the title of the thread. So basically, you're saying you can submit your application to programs without any LORs for a few days, then upload and this will not cause any problems?
When would be the time threshold after submitting the application and not having any LORs that this would become a problem?
I obviously want to avoid programs reviewing my application negatively bc i dont have any letters available.
I have couple of LOR's that are uploaded in ERAS and not assigned to any programs because I already have enough letter assigned. Is that ok?
Yes of course. I actually got an extra letter just in case one of mine fell through, and it just sat there unassigned for the entirety of my application season.I have couple of LOR's that are uploaded in ERAS and not assigned to any programs because I already have enough letter assigned. Is that ok?
Just to add on to this. Is it alright to add a 4th LOR at this point from my last AI? Just for context, I am applying to general surgery.
Yes.Just to add on to this. Is it alright to add a 4th LOR at this point from my last AI? Just for context, I am applying to general surgery.
Alright, sounds good! Just want to make sure my application does not get delayed because of it.
N/A
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, just to piggyback on this question - when is the latest you can add a 4th letter and assign it to a program, given that the date is within the program's deadlines? This is assuming you haven't received a rejection or invite.
The program’s deadline.
Doesn’t mean that it will influence the results of your application.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K