Adding Letters of REC to AMCAS Application after Submission.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jpham247

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question. I tried searching for it but I couldn't find a definitive answer.

The AMCAS Letter of Rec Section says that letters can continue to be added for the duration of the application process, but then goes on to say that no changes can be made after submission.

Now... does this mean that when i submit my application on June 1st, that I will be unable to add additional letters in case some of letters I've already asked for don't come through?

i.e. Can I just add the one Letter that I know I have for now when I submit on June 1st, but then continue to add letters as I get them?

Members don't see this ad.

Just add it to your AMCAS file, and you can add it to your distributions through AMCAS to the designated schools. So the only things that you can change/add on your AMCAS after submission is your contact information, and adding letters of recommendanois.

As far as changes after submission go...you can also add more schools, but you can't remove any (at least, I don't recall having that option).

By "changes" they're referring to you adding or editing anything in your courses, activities, and PS sections. Once those are submitted, they're in stone. You can't change them whatsoever. So make sure there are no typos or other errors.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a question about this issue.

Here is where I got information about this: https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/amcas/faqs/148172/amcas_2010_faqs-17.17.html

It says that I can add letters after submitting AMCAS (I have already been verified) but that I will have to resubmit my application each time.

What does resubmitting mean? I do not want it to slow my application process down to much.

it doesn't do anything. resubmitting just means its attached to ur app. if you r already verified it takes the 2 seconds it takes you to agree to the terms and conditions.

I had a question about this issue.

Here is where I got information about this: https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/amcas/faqs/148172/amcas_2010_faqs-17.17.html

It says that I can add letters after submitting AMCAS (I have already been verified) but that I will have to resubmit my application each time.

What does resubmitting mean? I do not want it to slow my application process down to much.

Resubmit is just acknowledging the additions it doesn't slow anything down.

Re-submitting is a way for AMCAS to arrange the data in their applications, and to disclose you about adding anything besides what you is allowed. It has no effect on processing at all. Matter of fact, this makes me wonder how schools maintain an updated file for people adding letters in AMCAS...hmmm.

So if you haven't yet been verified, will adding a letter require re-processing?

Say I've submitted my app but not been verified. Can I still go in and put down a letter that will be received in a couple weeks?

Reactions: 1 user