MD/PhD Rec Letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ellobear2026

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I am applying to some schools MD and some schools MD-PhD, how do I submit two different recommendations tailored for each from each professor (I asked each professor/letter writer to write two versions)?
 
If I am applying to some schools MD and some schools MD-PhD, how do I submit two different recommendations tailored for each from each professor (I asked each professor/letter writer to write two versions)?
For MD program, your letter writer will focus on the clinical side of medicine and address your merits as an aspiring "physician."

For MD-PhD program, your letter writer will focus on the research side and address your merits as an aspiring "physician-scientist."