Adding SDN on your application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmalang

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone in my Pre-Pharmacy society said that he, along with a few other students in his interview group, added being a member of SDN on their PharmCAS as an EC. I was wondering if this is a common thing?

Although this website is extremely helpful and is indeed helping me reach my goal, I feel as though it would just seem like a "filler". Am I wrong? :confused: Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Someone in my Pre-Pharmacy society said that he, along with a few other students in his interview group, added being a member of SDN on their PharmCAS as an EC. I was wondering if this is a common thing?

Although this website is extremely helpful and is indeed helping me reach my goal, I feel as though it would just seem like a "filler". Am I wrong? :confused: Thanks in advance!

Do they also get the "word of the day" on dictionary.com? That seems like ridiculous filler. the thought didn't even cross my mind when I applied and I was trying to think of anything.

It is absolutely a ridiculous filler and if I were a member of an admissions committee, I would deny them on the spot. It's a website, not an extra-curricular activity. People might as well put Facebook or Reddit on their EC sheet too while they're at it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Great question, I was wondering the same thing.

You know, I was thinking about this just the other day. My involvement with SDN is somewhat high/varied and I am not sure which activities are "list" and which are "do not list". Active member, I didn't list. Published articles, I listed. I didn't list moderator, I just wasn't sure how highering managers would look at that sort of thing. I don't think it is quite as clear cut as others have put it.

As someone with inside Ad Comm knowledge, DO NOT PUT it on your application. I don't care if you were moderator or not. They will do a search for your posts with certain key words. Hint hint. They see them? You're toast. Its the very reason why the internets are supposed to be anonymous... :)

Just put: "Moderator, Coastal Research Group"

haha

As someone with inside Ad Comm knowledge, DO NOT PUT it on your application. I don't care if you were moderator or not. They will do a search for your posts with certain key words. Hint hint. They see them? You're toast. Its the very reason why the internets are supposed to be anonymous... :)

As someone who's seen several mods get into pharmacy school, med school, etc, I would say its fine to put it. But this thread isn't about the mods. :)

If you don't have an active role on the site, I don't know if I'd list it. If you want to be active, article authors are always welcome to submit stuff for consideration. ;)

You know, I was thinking about this just the other day. My involvement with SDN is somewhat high/varied and I am not sure which activities are "list" and which are "do not list". Active member, I didn't list. Published articles, I listed. I didn't list moderator, I just wasn't sure how highering managers would look at that sort of thing. I don't think it is quite as clear cut as others have put it.

I can help you if you want. I'll show you how I put it on my CV.

At one point, I had "Pharmacy Forum Senior Moderator" on my resume/CV, but I may have removed it. Only because I have so much other SDN stuff to list.

I never put my forum screen name on anything, but it wouldn't be hard for people to find me if they wanted. I'm not very anonymous on here.

you should also mention that you have a facebook, and check your email regularly

And as someone who runs admissions, I stick with my previous post: a moderator for SDN would get a boost in their application, and should put it in. The mods here aren't the ones who are putting disrespectful or ignorant posts up for the world to see.

I don't have time to try to figure out who everyone is on here- I'm busy teaching and recruiting our next class.

To each their own.

And as someone who runs admissions, I stick with my previous post: a moderator for SDN would get a boost in their application, and should put it in. The mods here aren't the ones who are putting disrespectful or ignorant posts up for the world to see.

I don't have time to try to figure out who everyone is on here- I'm busy teaching and recruiting our next class.

To each their own.

agreed. however, putting that you are confettiflyer will probably get you blacklisted :smuggrin:

Unless it's 297.1 doing the review...you'd still get blacklisted but you'll get a phone call to go have a beer :thumbup: