addsas customer service? wth..?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Munchy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a problem with this discrepancy addsas customer service has shown me today. I am a Canadian and in my university, all courses are reported as 0.5 credits.

Now, when I called addsas, this lady and this gentleman both told me to convert 0.5 credit to 3 semester hours, even though on my official transcript it appears as 0.5.

The guy told me that if any of the courses had labs in it, I should put it as 4 semester hours. However, the lady said I should put 3 semester hours for ALL of them as my transcript does not discriminate btw courses with or without labs.

So my quesiton to the lady was that since all the schools I am applying to require 8 semester hours of orgo chem, if i go with your convertion, i only have 6. What happens to my eligibility?
And of course, she didn't know the answer to this question.

Anybody here shine some light on me?

sigh.......

Members don't see this ad.

1/2=3
1=6
don't worry about the lab component, US schools know that you are coming from canadian school, and that is enough for them.

Hi,

I have a problem with this discrepancy addsas customer service has shown me today. I am a Canadian and in my university, all courses are reported as 0.5 credits.

Now, when I called addsas, this lady and this gentleman both told me to convert 0.5 credit to 3 semester hours, even though on my official transcript it appears as 0.5.

The guy told me that if any of the courses had labs in it, I should put it as 4 semester hours. However, the lady said I should put 3 semester hours for ALL of them as my transcript does not discriminate btw courses with or without labs.

So my quesiton to the lady was that since all the schools I am applying to require 8 semester hours of orgo chem, if i go with your convertion, i only have 6. What happens to my eligibility?
And of course, she didn't know the answer to this question.

Anybody here shine some light on me?

sigh.......

This happened to me too!! I go to UofT.
I put all my 0.5 credits as 3 and my 1.0 credits as 6 regardless of the labs because it doesn't say on my transcript that there were labs. Now it seems like I don't have the proper hours of prerequisites. I'm really worried about this... Hopefully this has come up in the past with Canadians and they know what to do..

Members don't see this ad :)
I was facing the exact same problem. Just put 4 for your half year courses with lab and 8 for your full year courses with lab and it will go through like a candy.

Ofcourse the rest will be either 3.0 or 6.0