ADEA messed up my coursework

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kadify

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I go to a school without grades, therefore our transcripts only list classes we have satisfactorily passed. I had 2 courses I dropped due to how much of a workload they necessitated during my schooling thus far and since I didn't satisfactorily complete them, they aren't on my official transcript. I listed them on my application because technically I dropped/'withdrew' from them. The ADEA removed those so now it just looks like I have passed everything, which is great, but somewhat untrue...

What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing, they aren't on your transcript so it was corrected to what is reflected on your official documentation of coursework.

Alright thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I go to a school without grades, therefore our transcripts only list classes we have satisfactorily passed. I had 2 courses I dropped due to how much of a workload they necessitated during my schooling thus far and since I didn't satisfactorily complete them, they aren't on my official transcript. I listed them on my application because technically I dropped/'withdrew' from them. The ADEA removed those so now it just looks like I have passed everything, which is great, but somewhat untrue...What should I do?
You entered courses that do not appear on your transcript, but ADEA is the one that "messed" up?

You entered courses that do not appear on your transcript, but ADEA is the one that "messed" up?

If you took the time to read my first post it clearly says that the items don't appear on my transcript because my transcript only lists classes that are completed. So yes, because the ADEA wasn't privy to that info technically they took a class that I had in fact taken a portion of, out of my coursework. Granted it now makes it appear as if I've passed everything I've ever taken but that isn't the honest truth.

If you took the time to read my first post it clearly says that the items don't appear on my transcript because my transcript only lists classes that are completed. So yes, because the ADEA wasn't privy to that info technically they took a class that I had in fact taken a portion of, out of my coursework. Granted it now makes it appear as if I've passed everything I've ever taken but that isn't the honest truth.

I don't think you're ethically compelled to say anything. Your school chose to create transcripts that way, and in my opinion it's equivalent to having an unlimited withdrawal period. Schools vary on tons of policies like that.

But maybe now you have a rare opportunity to impress people with uncommon (although perhaps unnecessary) honesty during your interview, if you so chose. Save it till the end, as you stand up out of your chair. "By the way, there's something I wanted to clear up . . . " ;)

But maybe now you have a rare opportunity to impress people with uncommon (although perhaps unnecessary) honesty during your interview, if you so chose. Save it till the end, as you stand up out of your chair. "By the way, there's something I wanted to clear up . . . " ;)

Haha I shall think about it!

There is a fundamental failure in understanding that if a course does not appear on the transcript, it did not happen.

Last edited:
Haha I shall think about it!

This falls under "being honest to a fault". Why would you want to mention it? It can only do harm to your chances of admission. Your university seems to have a lenient course withdrawal policy; be thankful, don't be a buffoon.