Adelaide Square Apartments

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IamSuperDoctor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be attending the RCSI GEP program starting sept 2011. Has anyone else come across the adelaide square apartments (http://www.adelaidesquare.com/index.htm)? They have really good reviews and the building looks beautiful.

I am looking for a second person to rent a 2 bedroom apartment with. I am pretty quiet and spend most of my time studying or reading books. I live around toronto so an option to meet and discuss living conditions is available in that area. Leave a shout and lets discuss adelaide!

edit* - i think its a 20-25 min luas to sandyford (where the first year courses are)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ah I would definitely be interested... but couldn't find the price listed anywhere on those websites (am I blind?).

Anyways... I live around Hamilton so I could definitely meet up in Toronto if that's the closest place to you.

-- Jake

How much does it roughly cost for a 1 bedroom apt in Adelaide Sqaure?? I could not find their prices on the the website.

Members don't see this ad :)
jszerez i sent you a pm

I think that the 2 bedroom appts are about 1300-1500 euro/month. So split b/w two people it becomes 650-750 euro/month, a manageable price. I dont have any information concerning 1 bedroom appts tho, but I think they include a kitchen in addition to your room, possibly pricey. Gonna contact sales.

Last edited:
My friend was saying that it'd probably be best to find a place in Sandyford so you don't have to commute everyday. Unless you want to live in the Dublin Center for more city life? Plus, it'd probably be cheaper in Sandyford

It would be, but I heard that place shuts down after 5pm or so. Where would you look for apartments in sandyford?

What place shuts down after 5pm? And I have no idea where I would start looking for apartments in Sandyford lol, maybe there are other forms of accommodation?

The sandyford area, it dies after 5pm. But this isnt really a big issue. I also think it would be more difficult to find a place there because you would have to go through daft.ie and schedule appointments with the landlords/etc and show a bunch of documents to them. This is why I am leaning more towards adelaide, the 20-25 min luas isnt a problem for me.

Heres a post from previous years

"
I'm just finishing up my first year of the GEP program and all classes except anatomy practicals are out in Sandyford but living near the St. Stephen's Green campus is quite convenient as well. Most people in my year actually lived in the city centre and took the Luas to the Sandyford campus (it stops right outside the door). Rents in Sandyford are probably a bit cheaper and the apartments for the most part seem pretty new but it's the kind of area that shuts down at 5 o'clock. The Luas takes about 20 minutes from St. Stephen's Green to Stillorgan (where the Sandyford campus building is-Reservoir House). It's really up to your own preference where you live as both are reasonably convenient. "

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=510479

Last edited:
Hey guys!
I'm a long time lurker of these forums but a first time poster.
Got my RCSI acceptance into the 4 year GEP program last week (I live in Vancouver) and I also was looking at renting an apartment in Adelaide Square for myself and my sister who was accepted into the 5 year program.

Just to give you a quick heads up, I contacted the selling agents today @ Hooke and Macdonald and they said that we have to contact them 6 weeks in advance of when we plan to move there and that looking for an apartment now is too soon.

Looking forward to talking to you guys more!

Hey I'm from Montreal and just got accepted into the GEP program at RCSI. I, too, am looking into Adelaide and am looking for potential roommates. I'd love to know if someone has found a list of prices, since Anjena mentions that it is too soon to contact the sales office at this point.

correct me if I am wrong, but these look like they are for sale and not for rent.

Is anyone considering the first 4 options on the rcsi website or the alliance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, I think you're all mad. As an American student already living here in Ireland for the past 8 years you shouldnt be paying anymore than 400-500 euro a month for rent. Try daft.ie, its a godsend! There are great places throughout the southside of Dublin and Sandyford isnt hard to get to if you have a pair of feet or a bike. It will save you the money and make you alot happer than living in those places Ive seen mentioned :)

If anyone need suggestions about places they have seen and if they are good areas, feel free to PM me. And congrats to all getting into RCSI, the facilities and program are top notch.

Johnathan Rhys Meyers lives there.

Well its up to you if you are happy throwing that amount of money away a month. With the state of the country and the thousands of people leaving every month, housing is not at the premium it use to be. With 47K tuition, that with keep increasing every year, plus the horrible exchange rate you should be trying to maximize your savings. Believe me, they're are places just as good as that, and better, going for alot cheaper. Im only paying 350 a month for en suite double bedroom in new apartment complex close to the city centre.

Anyway, best of luck!

Check out daft.ie; most Dublin rentals are listed there.

You will pay a substantial premium for any Dublin property that will rent to a student without meeting him or her in person. Adelaide square/ Aunger/Mercer/Millin are convenient but expensive.

The rental market in Dublin moves VERY quickly. Rentals are often listed and rented within a week. Landlords treat the 'viewing' as an opportunity to interview potential tenants; arranging something months in advance or from abroad isn't common.

I'd suggest coming over early and arranging an apartment then. Rental prices tend to be lowest June to early August.

Hmm, this makes sense. I will look into this daft.ie and save some money, perhaps.

You will pay a substantial premium for any Dublin property that will rent to a student without meeting him or her in person. Adelaide square/ Aunger/Mercer/Millin are convenient but expensive.

The rental market in Dublin moves VERY quickly. Rentals are often listed and rented within a week. Landlords treat the 'viewing' as an opportunity to interview potential tenants; arranging something months in advance or from abroad isn't common.

I'd suggest coming over early and arranging an apartment then. Rental prices tend to be lowest June to early August.

Thanks for the info. So showing up sometime between June and August to find a place is the best course of action then?

Ugh...I don't think I can make it out there until late August. How much will that hamper my housing search? For the moment, I'm probably looking at a single room but am starting to consider sharing an apartment.

Thanks for the info. So showing up sometime between June and August to find a place is the best course of action then?

I think so. But late August should be fine. You might just pay a bit more because so many more students will be looking for housing.

bed and breakfast seems to be 35-50eur/night, I could stay there till I find a place.

Last edited:
From my PM to someone:

Be prepared to offer references and payment for first and last month's rent which will require a bank account. You will need to get a letter from RCSI with all the relevant information for you to open a bank account and deposit some Euros. That can take a week to get it all set up and you should notify RCSI early so the letter will be ready on the day you land.

Personally I would live in a student residence to get to know my classmates.

Hi! I'll be studying as a clerk through RCSI. I'll be coming from Canada, and so don't know what areas to even start looking for a flat to sublet (5 weeks). Saw your posts and thought you may be able to point me in the right direction... any suggestions? Thanks!