ADEX/CDCA Endo and Mannequin Operative tips??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddsstudent2021

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We are taking the ADEX CDCA exam (mannequin based)

Does anyone have any tips for the operative portion of the mannequin based exam?

Also, for Endo, are you guys doing rotary instrumentation or just using hand files?

Any tips for any section are appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I have all the same questions! I was told by multiple individuals to use hand files rather than rotary instruments.

Do you know what teeth we are preparing for the class 2 and 3? Or will that just be a surprise when we get there?

I have all the same questions! I was told by multiple individuals to use hand files rather than rotary instruments.

Do you know what teeth we are preparing for the class 2 and 3? Or will that just be a surprise when we get there?
I've been told its #8 M OR D and #30M.

which resources are you using to study for the DSE component?

I am also told to use hand files rather than rotary. Have you tried yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I took ADEX/CDCA Endo last year and passed. I was told by our Endo faculty to use hand file only because the rotary instrument might break in the canal.

Reactions: 1 user
We all used rotary and it was fine. The failure all came from access (most people made #14 too large as they went hunting for canal openings and gouged the tooth perfed)

I'm curious what people used to cut the gutta percha back in the typodont tooth? Do I need to worry about burning the plastic. Unless I can find somewhere to borrow a touch and heat from, I will just be heating an instrument to trim it down.
Also, and suggestions about where people might have rented or bought equipment would be great. I am taking the exam at a site that does not provide anything!
Thanks!

I'm curious what people used to cut the gutta percha back in the typodont tooth? Do I need to worry about burning the plastic. Unless I can find somewhere to borrow a touch and heat from, I will just be heating an instrument to trim it down.
Also, and suggestions about where people might have rented or bought equipment would be great. I am taking the exam at a site that does not provide anything!
Thanks!
Depending on the school, touch and heat/Bunsen burners are available

For #8 I didn’t hand file. Just went straight to 40 rotary and then cut the GP to 14 mm and placed it. Got me a Pass.

Reactions: 1 users