ADEX exam ques?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trapsht

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the ADEX exam this weekend & was wondering if anyone who has taken it could give me some guidance on the mannikin crown preps. I was not at all worried about them until I tried to cut on those darn little expensive teeth. They cut nothing like a real tooth... Difficult to make them look good. Does anyone know how picky the examiners are on the preps??? Past students who took the old CRDTS exam said there preps were horrible and still passed..don't know if that will still hold true.

Members don't see this ad.

trapsht said:
I'm taking the ADEX exam this weekend & was wondering if anyone who has taken it could give me some guidance on the mannikin crown preps. I was not at all worried about them until I tried to cut on those darn little expensive teeth. They cut nothing like a real tooth... Difficult to make them look good. Does anyone know how picky the examiners are on the preps??? Past students who took the old CRDTS exam said there preps were horrible and still passed..don't know if that will still hold true.

Watch that premolar. You can easily make it like a sharpened pencil if you don't pay attention.

The Central, make sure you follow the lingual height requirement, you need to have 1-1.5mm (if I remember correctly) you can easily make it short after finished preping the margin.

One huge thing you need to pay attention is that the gum may shift/move around, making your margin below the gingiva or above. It is especially true when you are planning to take an impression to determine the parallelism. Write it on the progrees note and convince the floor examiner to initial for you

You are planning to fight with the damn cheek all the time to prep the molar. It is never the case in real situation.

Regional Board is not necessary, I believe it to the core.

Good luck!