Adex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vikingglobe

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any info on ADEX website and how many states it is covering.
I am planing to do CRDTS in march 2006 or should I take ADEX in April 2006.
Is CITA also offering ADEX. Like CRDTS and NERB offer ADEX , Is CITA also offering ADEX. Please clarify my doubts.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not the most knowledgeable but it's all up in the air. Im a UNC student, we took ADEX through CITA. When we took it we were told we would probably have 40+ states on board but now at least through CITA it looks like it's not happening. Something about the NERBS backing out, but it's all up in the air so i'm not sure at this point. My classmate knows more maybe he will post.

DcS said:
I'm not the most knowledgeable but it's all up in the air. Im a UNC student, we took ADEX through CITA. When we took it we were told we would probably have 40+ states on board but now at least through CITA it looks like it's not happening. Something about the NERBS backing out, but it's all up in the air so i'm not sure at this point. My classmate knows more maybe he will post.

Yup, of the 40 proposed I heard only 4 hopped aboard :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
rsweeney said:
Yup, of the 40 proposed I heard only 4 hopped aboard :thumbdown:

They never officially had the 40+ most still had to pass state legislature anyways. In the end i'll be licensed in NC which is what we had in the 1st place. Maybe down the line we will be grandfathered in.

CRDTS and NERB are administering the ADEX exam. They still maintain that they'll have 38-42 states on board by the end of the academic year. CITA (testing agency composed of NC, SC, MS) was going to adminster ADEX but a lot of things have occured that caused them to withdraw from ADEX. Instead they're taking the same exam as those of us taking NERB/CRDTS/ADEX except without the computer portion. Therefore the exam will only be valid in those 3 states. I can go much further in depth if you want, just post specific questions.

SRTA states are also on board. From what I hear, SRTA won't even be offered for the class of 2007 -- at least at my school. The class of 2006 had the option of taking either ADEX or SRTA but all opted for ADEX.

uhh, don't be so quick to include SRTA yet. Unless you're privy to information I'm not (and I'd be interested to hear), SRTA is not going to be with ADEX until their many concerns are addressed.

Thanks Blue Tooth.
So I called CRDTS they are conducting ADEX in April . So will that be valid in those states where CRDTS is valid or NC,SC will also recognize the ADEX conducted by CRDTS. Is there any ADEX official website when are their dates etc what states will recognize and what about the components , patient exam.
I want to be licensed in NC but in the near future plan to move to Illinois.
What exam do you think should be given

It's basically a pissing match b/w cita and nerbs for the written part isn't it? It's unfortunate that in the end something that was supposed to make things easier for us ends up in squabble over logistics. Especially when we had to pay double what we would have to take the normal NC boards. Ridiculous if you ask me.

If you want to practice in NC, you have to take the CITA exam, even though they're identical (for all intents and purposes). Don't expect either to budge in the near future. As DcS said, it is kind of a pissing match but it's not just over the written part. There's some personality conflict going on as well and I'm not sure what deserves how much credit for the thing breaking apart.

There's no ADEX website that I've ever come across, check the AADE's website (aadexam.org) for some developments but no guarantees that anything will be there. Also, if you want to end up in Illinois, last I heard Illinois was going to only take the ADEX exam and no longer accept all regional exams as they have in the past.

vikingglobe said:
Thanks Blue Tooth.
So I called CRDTS they are conducting ADEX in April . So will that be valid in those states where CRDTS is valid or NC,SC will also recognize the ADEX conducted by CRDTS. Is there any ADEX official website when are their dates etc what states will recognize and what about the components , patient exam.
I want to be licensed in NC but in the near future plan to move to Illinois.
What exam do you think should be given

I'd perhaps recheck your sources...at present NC is ONLY accepting the CITA, or licensure by credentialing.

Blue Tooth said:
If you want to practice in NC, you have to take the CITA exam, even though they're identical (for all intents and purposes).

Not totally true. (Just to clarify...) The North Carolina Board of Dental Examiners will still be administering its annual examination, just as it has in the past. CITA is a separate entity that came along to try and be a part of the ADEX process. Anyhow, NC will accept passing results from the NC State Board or CITA.

Sucks to take an exam and have no clue what good it will do you.

ehop24 said:
Not totally true. (Just to clarify...) The North Carolina Board of Dental Examiners will still be administering its annual examination, just as it has in the past. CITA is a separate entity that came along to try and be a part of the ADEX process. Anyhow, NC will accept passing results from the NC State Board or CITA.

Sucks to take an exam and have no clue what good it will do you.

Actually, even the "traditional" NC exam (June and September) is going to be administered by CITA. So no more NCBDE-administered exam.