ADHD Assessment from WebMD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dave IPFW

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I predicted that I'd score around the moderate range, but my estimate proved to be quite off the mark. I ended up with a score of 26, which supposedly means that I have very severe ADHD symptoms and that I should locked up and away from society or something. :p

I included my results, but feel free to show whatever you want.

http://boards.webmd.com/topic.asp?topic_id=105 (click on the banner to the right or the one on top)

16 or below: Mild ADHD Behaviors
17-19: Moderate ADHD Behaviors
20-24: Severe ADHD Behaviors
25 and up: Very Severe ADHD Behaviors

This is how you described your home life:
You often feel overly active and compelled to do things.
You have difficulty unwinding and relaxing at home.
You often feel restless or fidgety.

This is how you described your work life:
You often avoid or delay starting tasks.
You often make careless mistakes.
You are easily distracted.
You often have difficulty getting things in order.
You sometimes have difficulty keeping your attention on work.
You often fidget or squirm when You have to sit for a long time.

This is how you described your relationships with family and friends:
You sometimes interrupt others when they are busy.
You sometimes find yourself finishing others' sentences.
You have had difficulty keeping friends or relationships.
You have had difficulty with intimacy in relationships.

ADHD Inattentions Symptoms: 5
ADHD Hyperactivity-Impulsivity Symptoms: 6
Childhood Onset of ADHD symptoms: Yes
Identified ADHD Impairment Areas: work and social life areas.

Overall, your responses indicate very severe behaviors that may be consistent with ADHD with possible significant impairment in your work and social life areas.

Members don't see this ad.

My score = 15. Guess that I'll be alright. :thumbup:

Drugs i need drugs!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a 13. I think I need help being *more* ADHD.

liverotcod said:
I got a 13. I think I need help being *more* ADHD.

28, who has the drugs?

Added question: do you find yourself constantly checking SDN message boards?

um... i win, i guess... i got a 31 -- 'inattention type adhd'. i think it's because of the work questions... i'm currently sitting at my desk at work, checking sdn, surrounded by a sea of papers, coffee mugs, water bottles, and half-started projects... i better get my life together. :eek:

oh, and i agree - bring on the drugs!

I got a 29, but I think it's because of the work questions. I spend WAY too much time surfing the net and talking to coworkers when I have to pile of things to do. I just can't sit down and do task after task at one time. I need many breaks.

i had been listening to the commercials for the adult adhd drugs and started getting worried so i looked up adhd on webmd and took the same test. i went to my doctor last week and he just walked in the room with a smirk on his face and said "you don't have adhd...all physicians and future physicians would fit into the adhd catagory." and he told me that webmd is mostly supported by the drug companies and their tests are meant to be very broad.
so we talked about it for a few minutes and spent the next 20 talking about my applications. he told me that if i got an interview at school X, he could get me in. i never got an interview.

I scored a 22. Apparently I have ADHD and I never knew it. This survey is hilarious, especially these two questions.

When you have a task that requires a lot of thought, do you often avoid or delay getting started?

Are you easily distracted by activity or noise around you?

Procrastination and being distracted by shiny or moving things like quarters and slinkies is completely normal.

I got a 22, so i have severe ADHD. I will admit, I dont think I am absolutely normal, but I definitely dont think that I have severe ADHD. This survey is flawed. Most people feel these things anyway and they dont suffere from attention deficit disorder.

these tests are stupid because they make you recollect specific incidents where you have done what the question asks

like for example) Do you often feel overly active and compelled to do things, like a motor is driving
you?

Of course.

Or, Do you have difficulty unwinding and relaxing at home when you have time to yourself?

It happens to everyone.

Or
Do you sometimes feel that something terrible is going to happen to you?
Of course, pre-meds should feel that all the time!

The test makes you paranoid over nothing. I think people who have ADD and ADHD aren't any different from "regular" people. Everyone has their moments where they can't pay attention, because fidgety, etc and it shouldn't be something that gives people with ADD or ADHD an advantage in academics, work, and life.

Like me for example, my parents wanted to give me ritalin when i was little and they watched a video on add/adhd because they thought something was messed up with me. it takes time and maturity to develop discipline and focus.

so bah to these tests.

i scored a 35
i always knew something was up with me

Hermit MMood said:
The test makes you paranoid over nothing. I think people who have ADD and ADHD aren't any different from "regular" people. Everyone has their moments where they can't pay attention, because fidgety, etc and it shouldn't be something that gives people with ADD or ADHD an advantage in academics, work, and life.

I definitely disagree. I have ADD myself, since i was young. I was diagnosed by a very reputable psychiatrist after a lot of tests, and my parents practically didnt even know what add was back then. In adhd, these "moments" become a LOT more uncontrollable and debilitating. Most premeds can put their mind to a task and get it done. (IE: get into med school). People with bad adhd who are in a zone where they cant concentrate would have a hard time focusing on reading material for $1,000,000. Ive asked (non add) people about the effect of drugs on them, they report far different effects than what I feel. Ie: people who actually have ADD dont get all nervous and jumpy from taking amphetamines (which are the reported effects in several people ive talked to), it actually calms them down instead. Ritalin and adderall arent 100% rosy in the long run, either. there are side effects (mild but annoying) that add people deal with their whole lives. Its not an advantage for them by any means. It levels the playing field so that they can use their intelligence, dedication, or creativity like normal people do.

i got a 35.

i hate working on any one thing for too long. i'd rather work a little on a lot of things than a lot on a few things.

which is why i think EM is my field... :thumbup:

and the test is bunk. i don't have ADHD.

Holy crap, I got a 34. It's the work questions and anxiety questions that got me. I'm the type of person, that if I can't concentrate, I just won't do anything at all. Just stare at the TV and think of nothing...

My grades could have been so much better. But I still don't think I have 'very severe ADHD." Perhaps moderate, if anything. :D