ADHD Certified Clinical Services Provider?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mypointlesspov

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Came across this while browsing a provider's website. I did some googling and the results mostly talked about where to get this certification and some providers who have it. Has anyone ever heard of this? Is it legit or just another way to pad the CV? Looking at the website, it seems that Evergreen Certifications (formerly IATP apparently) also offers several other certifications including anxiety, anger, and compassion fatigue. My scam radar is going off, but I figured I'd ask.

Members don't see this ad.

Just another way to buy an unearned credential, it seems. Never heard of it, none of the ADHD people in our system have a credential in this, they just have legitimate training.

Glad I was right! I'm at a pretty renowned clinic for ADHD and disruptive behavior disorders and no one (that I know of) has this "certification." I wish there was a way to crack down on bogus stuff like this, but since it's not really illegal that's not likely to happen.

Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone wants to give me $500 I'll gladly give you some readings to do and create a quiz for you, if you pass with the arbitrary cutoff score I'll make you a nice Certificate for your wall and CV.

Reactions: 4 users
If anyone wants to give me $500 I'll gladly give you some readings to do and create a quiz for you, if you pass with the arbitrary cutoff score I'll make you a nice Certificate for your wall and CV.

Will the certificate be in color, or will that be extra?

Reactions: 2 users
I don't work at VA anymore so I have access to color printers now. I'll put a gold star sticker on it too.

This improves your ability to mislead the public, so extra $50 charge. You'll want it.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't work at VA anymore so I have access to color printers now. I'll put a gold star sticker on it too.

This improves your ability to mislead the public, so extra $50 charge. You'll want it.
I'm willing to provide a CE recertification for the certification moving forward, for merely 75 dollars each year

are-you-smarter-than-a-5th-grader-logo.jpg

• Haha

Just pulled up the article and they're talking about the same company mentioned above. I wonder if that's (at least partially) why they changed their name from IATP to Evergreen.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I’m doing it through pesi. I think the certification is bs BUT I am so happy I am doing it as the training is excellent and I’m learning so much.
Came across this while browsing a provider's website. I did some googling and the results mostly talked about where to get this certification and some providers who have it. Has anyone ever heard of this? Is it legit or just another way to pad the CV? Looking at the website, it seems that Evergreen Certifications (formerly IATP apparently) also offers several other certifications including anxiety, anger, and compassion fatigue. My scam radar is going off, but I figured I'd ask.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m doing it through pesi. I think the certification is bs BUT I am so happy I am doing it as the training is excellent and I’m learning so much.
All I know is PESI does CEs for a lot of stuff. Some of it very skeptical to me. They also do some skeptical certification. They must be raking in money left and right.

All I know is PESI does CEs for a lot of stuff. Some of it very skeptical to me. They also do some skeptical certification. They must be raking in money left and right.

The quality of CEs PESI offers varies A LOT. There are some good CEs on there, but frankly, I have to assume that APA never audits their trainings based on how bad some of them are.

Lol, every week I get a PESI training brochure for somatic trauma therapies presented by people affiliated with van der Kolk.

Reactions: 3 users
PsyDr dissenting opinion that no one asked for #1171:

if you’re only getting continuing education credits from psychologists, you’re doing it wrong. That’s your competition, not your referral sources or your clients.

Plus medicine and legal conferences are held at awesome resorts. You can write that off!

And that, ladies and gentlemen is why I went to an oncology conference at Disney.

Reactions: 11 users

if you’re only getting continuing education credits from psychologists, you’re doing it wrong. That’s your competition, not your referral sources or your clients.

Plus medicine and legal conferences are held at awesome resorts. You can write that off!

And that, ladies and gentlemen is why I went to an oncology conference at Disney.

Yeah, now that I'm private practice. there will be quite a bit more of these types of things written off. And, spouse still has a 5k of CME funds a year, so we'll be sure to make full use of that. When we can travel again... For now we just zero out that account by buying laptops.

Yeah, now that I'm private practice. there will be quite a bit more of these types of things written off. And, spouse still has a 5k of CME funds a year, so we'll be sure to make full use of that. When we can travel again... For now we just zero out that account by buying laptops.

You got that kinda CME fund, and you have kids, get the platinum Audiodigest subscription or get that CME4life thing. They "give" you a free iPad /apple watch/shiny gadget with that.

Or do "adventure cme". You tell them where you are going on vacation, and when. They create a conference for you, even in the wood while camping. You get to write off your travel, but not your kids.

Or do that cape cod psychoanalytic summer thing. Sign up for their summer CE program, rent a house on the cape, write your rental off, write you rper diem off, go sit through some boring lecture once a day for an hour. The analysts have been writing off the month of August since like 1901.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
You are a wealth of great info. I have found some getaway conferences (mountain resort, "talks" a couple hours a day, ski/activities the rest of the time). I now get invited talks, well... before COVID blew that up.

You got that kinda CME fund, and you have kids, get the platinum Audiodigest subscription or get that CME4life thing. They "give" you a free iPad /apple watch/shiny gadget with that.

Or do "adventure cme". You tell them where you are going on vacation, and when. They create a conference for you, even in the wood while camping. You get to write off your travel, but not your kids.

Or do that cape cod psychoanalytic summer thing. Sign up for their summer CE program, rent a house on the cape, write your rental off, write you rper diem off, go sit through some boring lecture once a day for an hour. The analysts have been writing off the month of August since like 1901.

I just looked this up. Some of them seem to adventure focused for my taste (wildmedadventures.com), but I really need to start vacation CE hunting for next year after COVID is finished.

EDIT: Continuing Education.net has credits while you cruise. Missed some good opportunities last year. I will have to pencil that in for the future and see if I can use those VA conference days to attend.

Last edited:

This company put the kibosh on vacation type CME trips, mostly the cruise ones, but they scrutinize conferences that aren't typical. I can still write it off businesw-wise, but the spouse can't use her funds for those CME activities :(

In medicine when there is a lawsuit or complaint, CME is also scrutinized. They want to see exactly what cme the physician does and look to see if any were relevant to the suit or complaint. They like to see that the physician is current on their field of expertise knowledge. This may be different for others

In medicine when there is a lawsuit or complaint, CME is also scrutinized. They want to see exactly what cme the physician does and look to see if any were relevant to the suit or complaint. They like to see that the physician is current on their field of expertise knowledge. This may be different for others

If CMEs are introduced into evidence, it either means that the defense attorneys are incompetent or the physician is too cheap to get an expert opinion.

Assuming the case is about deviations from the standard of care (which is all it can really be), all you need is a single expert opinion indicating that what was done was reasonable. That will get you the reasonable minority exclusion, and the case is over. Everyone can argue day in, day out about if the provider was up to date on whatever. They can bring up CMEs to show the provider didn't know what the standard of care was. But if they have that one expert stating that what they did was reasonable, the case is over.

But most people are unwilling to shell out tens of thousands of dollars for that report. And they are unwilling to shell out tons of money to litigate. So they get hammered, and settle. Like 95+% of all court proceedings.

Reactions: 3 users
If CMEs are introduced into evidence, it either means that the defense attorneys are incompetent or the physician is too cheap to get an expert opinion.

Assuming the case is about deviations from the standard of care (which is all it can really be), all you need is a single expert opinion indicating that what was done was reasonable. That will get you the reasonable minority exclusion, and the case is over. Everyone can argue day in, day out about if the provider was up to date on whatever. They can bring up CMEs to show the provider didn't know what the standard of care was. But if they have that one expert stating that what they did was reasonable, the case is over.

But most people are unwilling to shell out tens of thousands of dollars for that report. And they are unwilling to shell out tons of money to litigate. So they get hammered, and settle. Like 95+% of all court proceedings.
Depending on the state and the laws for Physician's it many times makes more sense to settle. I've seen it many times

Depending on the state and the laws for Physician's it many times makes more sense to settle. I've seen it many times

Oh, it totally makes sense to settle in non-reform states. At least in the short term. I have no idea about the financials of settling in the long term.

Oh, it totally makes sense to settle in non-reform states. At least in the short term. I have no idea about the financials of settling in the long term.
It comes down to the insurance company. Many don't want the court expenses. They don't care about the Physician