thebozz1975

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2007
Status
Can we agree not to answer questions that have obviously been answered 100 times on here, when it is obvious that the poster spent no time reading the forum? Can we simply respond "read the forum"? I know that some members are anxious to answer these softball questions to get their post count up, but the board has been getting overwhelmed lately with the most basic, repeat information.

Thanks.

tamkhan

Kala Budha
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2006
SDN
Status
Dentist
If people are asking for help, they'll get it. Even the most laziest ones! :laugh:
I do understand what you're saying, though. The same questions keep showing up over and over again. But, it happens when the cycle is just about to start. Things will improve once we get into the summer months.

ummjoey

10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
i try to post links to other threads that answer their questions, but i think reading the forum in general is a good idea.

About the Ads

topdent1

10+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
am i missing something...what's so good about having your post count ^?

jon68

10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2008
Status
Dental Student
I totally agree. Everyone needs to search and read better. But I also understand wanting to have the most recent opinions of people who have either just applied, just been accepted, or have an answer. No one wants to read about stats from people that were accepted two, three, or even four years ago, or an experience from a dental grad that doesnt pertain to current undergrad students anymore.
There are also many new people around here that answer questions for others because they dont know about old posts (myself included), and I am not about to take time to research someone elses question before I post a response - most responses are unique anyway.

jon68

10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2008
Status
Dental Student
For all I know, this subject could have been posted last year as well...

doc3232

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Can we agree not to answer questions that have obviously been answered 100 times on here, when it is obvious that the poster spent no time reading the forum? Can we simply respond "read the forum"? I know that some members are anxious to answer these softball questions to get their post count up, but the board has been getting overwhelmed lately with the most basic, repeat information.

Thanks.
And who exactly are you? You have 20 posts, what have you contributed to the forum. If you have such a severe problem with the way this site is run then don't get on it.
Thank You.

am i missing something...what's so good about having your post count ^?
It determines your future salary as a dentist.

stdmufin27

It's H-O-T in Sin City
10+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2007
Nevada
Status
Dental Student
I totally agree. Everyone needs to search and read better. But I also understand wanting to have the most recent opinions of people who have either just applied, just been accepted, or have an answer. No one wants to read about stats from people that were accepted two, three, or even four years ago, or an experience from a dental grad that doesnt pertain to current undergrad students anymore.
There are also many new people around here that answer questions for others because they dont know about old posts (myself included), and I am not about to take time to research someone elses question before I post a response - most responses are unique anyway.
Word :thumbup: I have to admit I have been lazy at times to ask those repeating questions. I have also checked out old threads and decided that they were just that, old info.

blankguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2003
Visit site
Status
Dental Student
To some extent it can't be helped. Imagine if professors were getting annoyed if we asked the same questions that come up every year. :scared: We'd be screwed. :thumbdown: I think people ask about chances with different circumstances so in that way it may not be the same question.

KinKs

10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2008
Status
Dentist
I have read a post like this before - as per OP's request. PLEASE SEARCH OLDER THREADS

by the way, who the hell cares how many posts I have on SDN

i dont

About the Ads