Admission acceptance & PTCAS. Cal State?

Started by Aoshivam
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Aoshivam

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I know from reading all the posts but as I understand it, schools I have applied to does not have access to the information about where else i applied to or what offer I accepted, before the end of the application cycle(which is around May).
So accepting an offer from one university will not affect my chances of admission at other schools, at least until May.

1. Can anybody confirm this?

2. Did anyone get multiple acceptances from Cal state universities after committing to one of them? Perhaps Cal states share their info.
 
I think there's a huge gray area with what is shown on the website regarding this...not just for cali schools.

It could be that schools can see previous admissions offer but not if you accepted that offer. Or it could be that they can see both
But if a school truly wants a student then a previous offer/acceptance shouldn't matter, because there must be a reason why the student did not withdraw their application.

From other threads it seems like calling ptcas will give you mixed info as well, depending on who you talk to. But I highly doubt that schools share their info or that previous acceptance offers matter. Looking at the acceptance thread, some people have multiple acceptances, including from cali schools


With that said, I found a very scary thread. Situation seems rare tho....

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/in-shock.1054166/#post-14888340
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
People do multiple deposits frequently....the key is to withdraw from the previous school once you decide on another school. That's the best advice I can think of. Or is the issue that you want to submit multiple deposits at the same time until you come to a decision?
 
I want to accept an admission at one school just to be safe, but I am afraid that other schools may have access to this info and therefore deny me for their programs.
 
Perfectly fine.....I accepted and submitted a deposit to a school back in December, and received an acceptance from another school just last week. Seems to be quite common if you look through previous threads. People submit a deposit at the first school they were accepted just in case nothing else works out, and then get accepted to other schools months or weeks later. It should not affect your chances whatsoever.
 
Perfectly fine.....I accepted and submitted a deposit to a school back in December, and received an acceptance from another school just last week. Seems to be quite common if you look through previous threads. People submit a deposit at the first school they were accepted just in case nothing else works out, and then get accepted to other schools months or weeks later. It should not affect your chances whatsoever.

I've applied to both San Diego State and Long Beach State. Both online portals say my application is complete and under review by the department. Anybody heard back from any of those programs yet? Any other information or have you all been following other forums on Cal State admissions, couldn't find many myself.

Thanks.