Admission based upon semester grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Charnd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Recently I have been admitted to a college that admitted me from a waitlist. On my acceptance letter they said "based upon completion of pre-requisites." This semester I haven't done well in biocchem to the point of not possibly passing (which is "strongly suggested") and am worried about affecting my acceptance. Has anyone else encountered this and know if I should be worried?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Im kind of in the same situation. I got a conditional acceptance to UIWSO, I have make a B in biochem and right now im sitting at a 76, I think my professors gonna bump my grade up though. If I were u id tell ur professor about ur situation and then ask him/her if theres any extra credit assignments u could possibly do.

Well if it said "based upon completion of pre-requisites" and if biochem is one of the pre-reqs then im pretty sure your not completing all your pre-reqs lol. If it isnt a pre-req you should be ok if your already accepted :). If you had a conditional accpetance like the other poster then you might be in bit of more trouble. Worst comes to worst, try re-taking it in the summer if the optometry school allows you to take a class the summer term before attending optometry school.