Admission into UIC GPPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

btpayne13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what one's criteria for being accepted into University of Illinois at Chicago's Guaranteed Professional Program Admissions (GPPA) should be for med school? I would imagine being an instate resident would be one of them (and I am).

Members don't see this ad.

hey,

i used to be in the gppa program, but i transferred out of it to go to a different university because i didnt like the environment.

but yes, IL residence is required. try to make a connection with joey volpe, the coordinator of the program. if you send her an email with questions, i think it would express your interest in the program. i think thats what gave me the boost. just make sure that your reasons for applying are pretty solid.

also, for gppa, if your stats are TOO good, they won't accept you. probably because they know that you might not choose gppa. they're truly looking for people who will go to uic. the admissions for the program are pretty across the board.

if you have any questions about student life, or anything feel free to message me. i went to uic for 2 years for undergrad before i left.