Admission officers check ECs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JaeDRa

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So ive heard that admission officers will sometimes do "random check" on our extracurricular activities. for instance by calling the people in charge of the activities for confirmation. I heard about this for med school admissions. is this the case for dental schhol? and approximately what proportion of the applications do they check?

Members don't see this ad.

be honest and you wont have to worry ;-)

I wonder how many people actually lied in their application :-/. It will be great if Doc Toothache pops out of nowhere and gives us an excel sheet with that data haha

So ive heard that admission officers will sometimes do "random check" on our extracurricular activities. for instance by calling the people in charge of the activities for confirmation. I heard about this for med school admissions. is this the case for dental schhol? and approximately what proportion of the applications do they check?

we are pre-dental students and we have no idea what they check or when, if you did legitimately do these activities then you shouldn't be worried at all. just saying

its an honor system that you are entitled to and ADCOMS have too much on their hands to randomly check unless they see something that is really suspicious or doesnt add up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Adcoms are very busy people and I am pretty sure they don't verify your E.C.s/Shadowing. But like others have said, if they truly are suspicious and you are invited to an interview they would be able to tell if you are full of BS as they might ask you to go into detail about certain activities you listed. "So I see you volunteered at the public dental clinic for 2 months could you tell me about a particular experience that you enjoyed in detail''...response: "uh..Lol wut..".. you would be screwed in that event. Anyhow, do not lie on your application.

they don't check, but if you do lie about it on your app and you actually get an interview....you'd better be prepared to talk about the activity or activities in detail.

:thumbup:

if you actually did these activities then you should have no problem telling your experiences in detail. If you didnt do it, well better do some research and engrave it into your head!

In one of my interviews, the interviewer asked me lots of questions about my ECs, many of which if I were lying, I wouldn't have been able to answer. If you're honest, you will be fine :)

calm down people. It's all hypothetical. I'm a high school Junior. geez....

calm down people. It's all hypothetical. I'm a high school Junior. geez....

i have to call BS on your part, you have been asking for advice to apply this cycle, saying that you are an NYU admissions offer, advice for letters of AADSAS, and interfolio.

you sir are not a high school junior, more like a junior in college. IF you are truly a high school junior and claimed you have taken the DAT (previous posts) your DAT expires in 3 years... u gonna have to take it again when u apply ...

its so easy to search up your post history...

how ironic that you ask about verification about ECs when u lie about who u are lol

Already you started on a bad note

i have to call BS on your part, you have been asking for advice to apply this cycle, saying that you are an NYU admissions offer, advice for letters of AADSAS, and interfolio.

you sir are not a high school junior, more like a junior in college. IF you are truly a high school junior and claimed you have taken the DAT (previous posts) your DAT expires in 3 years... u gonna have to take it again when u apply ...

its so easy to search up your post history...

how ironic that you ask about verification about ECs when u lie about who u are lol

Already you started on a bad note

SDN detective work at its finest. :thumbup:

Minnesota checks shadowing