Admission without a DPM rec letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prepod213412

Reaction score
I sent in my application along with my two recommendation letters from my science professors. I got an interview from barry and temple so far. The podiatrist that I shadowed initially agreed he would write e a letter. I've been trying to remind him every week since two weeks before the application cycle. Temple is my top choice. Do you think they will hold off me getting an admission because I don't have a recommendation letter from a podiatrist?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you'll be fine. Not sure about Temple, but the podiatrist I shadowed sent my letter after I was accepted to Barry. They just needed a letter before school started. Good luck on your interviews!

Reactions: 1 users
You can still be accepted. They will just want the letter before you start school.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Unless something has changed from the last application cycle, even if you have limited to no shadowing experience due to the pandemic or various circumstances prevents you from getting an LOR, your acceptance to Temple will be contingent upon a DPM recommendation. So they may still offer you a spot and/or scholarship, but you may not be able to matriculate until you submit an LOR.

If they accept you, they will likely give you time to submit the letter. I would call them to verify the time frame in which the letter can be submitted regardless of what your acceptance letter states.

Reactions: 1 users
The DPM I shadowed did the same thing and just kept on saying he would write me one and never did. I contacted the school (CSPM) and they waived that requirement thank goodness.