Admissions calculator thingy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samurai_lincoln

Big hairy member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am getting tired and cranky, and can't find this med school admissions likelihood calculator I came across the other day. You just plug in residency, gpa and mcat variables and it generates sort of a reach/match/safety list. I know I have it bookmarked at work, but evidently not at home. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I think these things work much better for law school because med school admissions are not based as much on numbers, but you're right, it's a useful tool to look at stats.

Members don't see this ad :)
samurai_lincoln said:
... well, except maybe over on the left, ha ha.

Found it:
http://www.studentdoc.com/medfind.html

Cheesy, and probably not very accurate, but it does give an idea of gpa vs. mcat weight at different schools.

That's funny. "See the effects of a Kaplan course" and suddenly, magically, the numbers jump by 2 points in each area. Since the formula is pure numbers, suddenly you're very competitive :)

I wish I could pay the prep course money and just get the 2 points like that :D

MoosePilot said:
That's funny. "See the effects of a Kaplan course" and suddenly, magically, the numbers jump by 2 points in each area. Since the formula is pure numbers, suddenly you're very competitive :)

I wish I could pay the prep course money and just get the 2 points like that :D

i paid all that money and only improved by 1 point overall :oops:

Hey Samurai lincoln,
your avatar is mesmerizing and therapeutic :thumbup:

looks like my best chance school lies in PR
:mad: :mad:

junathon said:
looks like my best chance school lies in PR
:mad: :mad:

Only if you're fluent in Spanish, it's a requierment for admission. ;)

That's funny, U of Illinois is missing!

SurgeryRA said:
Hey Samurai lincoln,
your avatar is mesmerizing and therapeutic :thumbup:

Hey.. is that a youthful-looking RJ?

Heal&Teach said:
Hey.. is that a youthful-looking RJ?

It is a pic of Ron, very perceptive of you! The avatar to which the prior posters were referring was a pic of bouncing boobs, but the admins finally made me change it, ha ha. :D