admissions ticket

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redruby

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
on my admissions ticket, it doesn't say my middle name, but on my driver's license, etc- it does. is this going to be a problem?

Members don't see this ad.

redruby said:
on my admissions ticket, it doesn't say my middle name, but on my driver's license, etc- it does. is this going to be a problem?
What is this admission ticket you speak of? All I ever got was a confirmation email about a month ago.

they're supposed to send you a ticket to take the exam, you' re supposed to stick a picture of yourself on it, sign it, etc.

dude, if you haven't received an admissions ticket, then you need to call the aamc. You won't be allowed to take it without the ticket. You better act quick.

As for the name, no it won't matter. It's just proof for identification. Well, you can call or email aamc to make sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
ken37 said:
What is this admission ticket you speak of? All I ever got was a confirmation email about a month ago.
EEEEKKK!!! You better call them quick and get that thing or you won't be takin the MCAT on August 14..At least not 8/14/2004

rhlmdmph2b said:
EEEEKKK!!! You better call them quick and get that thing or you won't be takin the MCAT on August 14..At least not 8/14/2004

Well, you made me recheck my info, which is a good thing. :) I signed up for one of their experimental computer based testing exams (I hate bubbling on scantrons, and can't stand to write an essay on paper). In short, there is no ticket, but I'm glad you guys made me check. Here's what I got:

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for registering for the MCAT exam. We have received and confirmed your MCAT appointment as follows:

Confirmation number : xxxxxxxxx

Test date : August 14, 2004

Test time : 8:00 AM

Reporting time : 7:30 AM

Document to bring : One valid government issued ID with photo and signature (i.e. Driver's License, Passport)

Prometric Test center : 12400 Coit Road Suite 502 Phone# 972-385-1181

You may also log on to <www.prometric.com> <<http://www.prometric.com>> to view your appointment information by using the confirmation number listed above.

We trust the above are clear and in order, should you need further information on the confirmation, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] <<mailto:[email protected]>>.

Please keep this email confirmation as receipt of your registration for the August MCAT. You will NOT be receiving an Admission Ticket. Simply report to the testing site on examination day- August 14th at the appropriate time as stated above with the proper identification. Be sure to read the MCAT Essentials document, if you have not already done so. It is available online at <www.aamc.org/mcat>.

As with the traditional examination, the MCAT program requires a valid government-issued picture identification (such as a driver's license or passport) and fingerprints when registering on test day. These measures help to prevent fraud and protect the integrity of the examination. Sites using computer-based testing will capture these data electronically, allowing rapid identification and re-entry to the testing facility during breaks. These data will be retained by MCAT and will be available for future MCAT administrations, if applicable, or for future identity verification purposes.