Admissions/Wait List Question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guardian

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For example, I heard that Tufts sends out more acceptance letters than their class size. Do the extra acceptances come off the waitlist or do they actually offer more acceptance because they predict that alot of their acceptances go somewhere else?

Members don't see this ad.

Guardian, that is correct. For example at GW there are 150 slots. Roughly 220 acceptances are sent out and thirty are on the wait list. It varies from school to school. For example if a school had 100 slots then 200 acceptance would be sent out and say 50 on the wait list. However, it varies from school to school and from public to private. Some schools wait list are as large as 100 and only 10 to 15 get off. I am an alumni of GW and know the game there well. If you no any Drs that are gradutaes of the schools you are wait listed at maybe they can give you insight into that particular school. I hope that helps. Good Luck!!!!

matopet1,

any word from GW yet? i just called the admissions office and was told that there's already been alot of movement off the waitlist. others (current med students) have told me that the greatest time for movement is during mid-june. i'm just wondering how long i should wait before securing plans at another med school. are you in a similar situation?

good luck!

Charlotte, I already have a med school lined up. I have an ARmy HPSP scholarship so that is required. I would definetly line up plans for both schools. I have a plan A and plan B, GW would be a bonus. Again most movement is in the first and second week of june. Only a few come off in July and August. There are still alot of slots at GW.maybe 8-12 (just guessing). Good Luck! I hope to meet you at orientation at GW. THink Positive.