Adobe professional 7 and Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WildTumor

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey -
I have Adobe Professional 7.0. I can save secondaries that already have fill-in portions. However, for other secondaries (such as Downstate) I need to convert the document into a fillable form. The problem is that sometimes there are portions of the secondary that get messed up when I convert the file. How do you convert the pdf into a fillable form without messing with any of the information?
Thanks for the help
--WT

Members don't see this ad.

I'll tell you how to do it
(I have 6 - it's simple). - send me a PM

WildTumor said:
Hey -
I have Adobe Professional 7.0. I can save secondaries that already have fill-in portions. However, for other secondaries (such as Downstate) I need to convert the document into a fillable form. The problem is that sometimes there are portions of the secondary that get messed up when I convert the file. How do you convert the pdf into a fillable form without messing with any of the information?
Thanks for the help
--WT

dont go through adobe distiller or designer (its one of these that makes your form "fillable") just go to tools --> advanced editing ---> form field. just copy and paste the fields, adjust the sizes to the form and make sure you name every field differently. you can add buttons and check boxes this way too

Members don't see this ad :)
I use typewriter mode on Adobe 7 (make sure you're patched upto the latest release). This way I don't need to create forms. Just type on top of any PDF.

Y_Marker said:
I use typewriter mode on Adobe 7 (make sure you're patched upto the latest release). This way I don't need to create forms. Just type on top of any PDF.

How do I get to typewriter mode?

WildTumor said:
How do I get to typewriter mode?

Tools->Typewriter

Y_Marker said:
Tools->Typewriter

What version of Adobe do you need like the Professional one or could the free one that is downloadable from the adobe website good enough to fill in the secondaries? Thanks.

FutureDocMD said:
What version of Adobe do you need like the Professional one or could the free one that is downloadable from the adobe website good enough to fill in the secondaries? Thanks.

Don't know about the free version but the full Professional has typewriter. Never tried their standard or any other flavor out there.

Why can't i finde my typewriter mode?!?!
argh

For those of you who don't have photoshop and are a bit hesitant about downloading it illegally or something there is a FREE program that has pretty much all the features you'd use (such as the typewriter feature). It is called GIMP...you can download it at http://www.gimp.org/ and if you need information how to use it for the typewriter feature you can pretty much google it or use the help stuff. A lot of it is focused towards linux but there is a windows one too...