Adolescent Psychiatry Resources for MS3 elective

Started by jdp207
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jdp207

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a MS3 starting an AI in an adolescent inpatient unit in January. Normally during rotations I have a solid set of resources I use to prep for shelf exams and build a body of knowledge for the rotation. I already had my psych rotation and did very well on the psych shelf so I've depleted the resources oriented towards that. What would you recommend as a resource that would let me elevate my child and adolescent psych knowledge in a broad and systematic manner similar as if there was a shelf exam at the end of the AI?
 
not sure if this would meet your needs exactly, but it may be a good starting point. both textbook staples for general adult residency have a CAP section (kaplan and sadock's synopsis, maudsley's). otherwise the go-to text is dulcan's but i think that would be overkill for an AI. for your day to day, i think it also depends on the complexity/acuity of the kids on your unit. when i did my CAP elective last year, i was on pubmed reading the most current review articles since our inpatient kids were severely ill and treatment resistant.