Adolescent Psychiatry Resources for MS3 elective

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdp207

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a MS3 starting an AI in an adolescent inpatient unit in January. Normally during rotations I have a solid set of resources I use to prep for shelf exams and build a body of knowledge for the rotation. I already had my psych rotation and did very well on the psych shelf so I've depleted the resources oriented towards that. What would you recommend as a resource that would let me elevate my child and adolescent psych knowledge in a broad and systematic manner similar as if there was a shelf exam at the end of the AI?

Members don't see this ad.

not sure if this would meet your needs exactly, but it may be a good starting point. both textbook staples for general adult residency have a CAP section (kaplan and sadock's synopsis, maudsley's). otherwise the go-to text is dulcan's but i think that would be overkill for an AI. for your day to day, i think it also depends on the complexity/acuity of the kids on your unit. when i did my CAP elective last year, i was on pubmed reading the most current review articles since our inpatient kids were severely ill and treatment resistant.