ADT uniform requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dyk33

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello,

i'm starting my first ADT in april at Fort Sam. this is my first ADT and i have not been to OBC as i'm getting two year scholarship. i don't have any military uniform yet. so my question is, how do i get class A's and BDU's, etc. and do i have to wear them when i report?

also, any advice on housing at fort sam?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Actually, you'll need all of them. You will need the BDUs and Class Bs for the rotation. You will need Class As to interview in. I wore my As for my first day, but there really wasn't any reporting per se. We went to the GME office and checked in then went to the department and got shown around by a resident. This was in Ortho, perhaps other departments had a formal reporting.

Ed

Originally posted by dyk33
hello,

i'm starting my first ADT in april at Fort Sam. this is my first ADT and i have not been to OBC as i'm getting two year scholarship. i don't have any military uniform yet. so my question is, how do i get class A's and BDU's, etc. and do i have to wear them when i report?

also, any advice on housing at fort sam?

thanks.

what ed said. if possible try to get there a day or two early and go to the military clothing sales shop and have one of the people help you get your uniform together. your class A's (it's a class B when you don;t wear the jacket) will need to be altered, so you'll have to wear BDU's until they're finished with them. talk to your HPSP recruiter-- you'll be much better off getting this finished before you go. is there a militray installation near you that you can get this stuff done before you go? it's not a simple process, as you will need name tapes sewn onto the BDU's, rank/branch insignia, etc. hopefully you're near a base and can get it done wihtout having to travel too far. i reported in my class B's-- you don't stick out too badly and you aren't "underdressed" if you have to meet anyone important.

housing, if you are on an ADT, is simple. report to the lodging office (i forgot the building number, it should be on your orders) and they will give you your room, or, if they're full, issue you a statement of non-availablility and you can get a hotel room off base and get reimbursed. be warned, however, that you will need to be able to float the money for your lodging (700+ bucks or so) until you get reimbursed after submitting your travel voucher (which you should have or will soon get)

what rotation are you doing there?

good luck

your friendly neighborhood caveman